Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dealer Accessories
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lennyhope
Hi, I just got myself some 914 dealer accessory coco mats NOS with tags. Just had shipped from California to north west England. Not sure if the green goes with brown interior and Summer Yellow paint or not. What do you think?

What dealer accessories do you have? I also have the black and silver front grille trim, hood vinyl mask and 5.5 optional steels.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Dave_Darling
I don't think those go very well there.

The good news is that they're still making Cocomats, so you don't have to settle for ones that have been sitting on the shelf for ever.

--DD
Tom_T
Lenny - that's a highly personal opinion best left to your eyes & tastes.

I had the OE Porsche ones initially in my 73 soon after I bought it as 2nd owner in Dec. 75, but by the time they wore out, they were NLA in any color I wanted, so I went to aftermarket.

If you decide that this color OEM ones isn't to your liking, then you can still get excellent fit, rubber backed ones in different colors to suit your tastes (e.g.: brown or black with yellow flecks, etc.) at CoCo Mats -

http://www.cocomats.com/

.... & you can order samples of what they offer to color check them in your car first.

The above is also an FYI for others looking for that vintage 60's - 70's look! shades.gif

A few words of warning though about those coco mats in general, is that they wear the heck out of your shoe heels - especially polished leather, & they are not too comfortable on bare feet & heels either!

If they'd had plush ones back in the day, then I would've done those instead for the comfort of driving - & will today, but I may get coco mats again now to put in there for non-PCA car shows (note that all non-stock car mats etc. which are removable must come out for judging at PCA Concours in most/all Zones).

They're a SoCal thing ya know! shades.gif

Cheers Mate & Congratz on the NOS vintage score! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Also, they have some nice pre-cut recovering leather kits out there for your steering wheel, if you want to lose that laced up plastic wrap on there (we've all used those on our various cars/makes at some point). Otherwise find a good UK upholstery shop who does them for you.

Lakewell.com across the channel may have the wheel leather kit &/or redo it, if you find nothing closer.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
lennyhope
Ok. I'll stop crying. ;-)

I just like the idea of those pieces being what you might have had from the dealer back in 73. I'd rather pay $60 than $150 and have the original. Also...I'm a cheap skate...My carpet is black and not original, just aftermarket rubbish..so the dealer mats seemed a good alternative for now. The steering wheel cover is the same type offered by dealer back in 73 also. ;-) Vintage...with all the cons tha go with it. EVen the '70s colours!
Cairo94507
OK, but why would someone go to a Chevrolet dealership for a steering wheel cover? av-943.gif
lennyhope
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 5 2016, 07:32 PM) *

OK, but why would someone go to a Chevrolet dealership for a steering wheel cover? av-943.gif

True..but the customer would be there in the dealer and theyd be sold at that point....Dealers probably made more selling the cheap accessory tat they had at the point a car was being handed over..thats what happened here in the UK.
lennyhope
Anyone got any 1970's dealer 914 bling and accessories....That was my point....
Olympic 914
got this nice decal, it came with the car, stuck inside the original owners manual.
Can't bring myself to put it on though...

Click to view attachment
lennyhope
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Feb 5 2016, 08:08 PM) *

got this nice decal, it came with the car, stuck inside the original owners manual.

Click to view attachment

Great. I didnt realise they gave them along with a 914 purhase.
billh1963
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Feb 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Weren't those only used on 911's?
Cal
Love the 5.5" steel wheels and the PORSCHE side script.

Here's my dealer installed radio bling....
lennyhope
VERY pretty and tidy!
Cal
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Feb 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Love that decal....I have one of those along with this one....
Cal
QUOTE(lennyhope @ Feb 5 2016, 01:43 PM) *

Hi, I just got myself some 914 dealer accessory coco mats NOS with tags. Just had shipped from California to north west England. Not sure if the green goes with brown interior and Summer Yellow paint or not. What do you think?

What dealer accessories do you have? I also have the black and silver front grille trim, hood vinyl mask and 5.5 optional steels.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Cocomats also make sisal mats that are very nice....here's an example that would match your interior.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 5 2016, 04:12 PM) *

Here's my dealer installed radio bling....

Things will be different from country to country, maybe even region to region.
My dealer installed (1974) AM/FM-cassette is an Audiovox. All Canadian dealer up-sell radios in the 70's and 80's would be Audiovox.
I tried to figure out the exact date they started selling Audiovox, but no such luck.
bandjoey
I like it! It's an unusual color combination that I think goes well together. I've never seen the hood cover ever. Looking good. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
Original ski racks…..

Click to view attachment
jack20
Modern coco mats. Vintage radio.Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
My car was fitted with front and rear crash bars and the wood dash insert
at the Dealership. Original owner was handed some aftermarket accessory
brochures and was able to pick through them.
The crash bars are Amco, but I'm not 100% sure of the dash origin.
TJB/914
Hey Tom-T
popcorn[1].gif 914 expert???

Is this 25-year logo factory or dealer??
I think it had a 914 part # when I found it a long time ago for my 1974. celebration.

I know GT flares are factory. pray.gif

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.