Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wndsrfr
Couple of my favorite laps at Sebring Chin DE end of Jan. Notched a sub 2:39 but mostly 2:41 or so....roughest track I've ever been on but it kinda gets under your skin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9OAnb0jCVw
ThePaintedMan
Very cool John. I really had hoped to join you and Shane, but it was a toss-up between the Rolex 24 and Sebring for the day.

It is a rough track, for sure. It was the first place I drove and the only other two I've done are Daytona and Homestead. They both felt glass-smooth compared to Sebring, so I feel lucky that Sebring is my baseline. Like you pointed out though, the "rhythm" one develops at Sebring can really be intoxicating. It's all about fine adjustments after picking one line and sticking to it. However, as you probably found out, there is no one line for many corners, particularly T1 and T17. Basically you just commit and let the car dance it's way through the turn, doing your best to put the power down as you track out.

I'm impressed by your video. Definitely a lot left on the table, but you looked comfortable and like you were having fun, which is what counts. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.