Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show Us Your Dad's 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Visited my dad last week and, of course, we talked about 914s. He had a '75 1.8 in the early '80s - the source of my 914 addiction wub.gif

1975 1.8 with Appearance Group (he had the vinyl removed)
VIN 4752907116
I am guessing original color was L80E
Had 5.5" chrome steelies (I think a Brazilian wheel confused24.gif )

He dug up a film negative with a shot of his 914 and scanned it. Here it is...
Click to view attachment

On the drive home from Florida, I received an email titled "I found these today!" and attached were two shots of the 914 pulling a Hobie Cat. He traveled from central Illinois to the Gulf Coast of Florida with a side trip through the Smokies to visit me biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I almost have him talked into coming up for Okteenerfest biggrin.gif

driving.gif
Coondog
Would have loved to see his 914 launching a catamaran down a boat ramp.
Cool pictures........ smile.gif
thieuster
IPB Image

This is by far the best pic on the forum! I have to passions: classic cars (i.e. the 914) and dinghy sailing! Sadly, in Holland, one is not allowed to mount a tow bar on the 914.

I am off to the South of France next week (European equivalent of the Illinois - Florida trip) with the... Honda CR-V and a boat trailer.

Thanks for sharing this!

Menno
Tom_T
Great Pix!

My Dad never had a 914 .... nor any Porsche, but he rode in mine once!

He was skeptical at first, but after zipping around LA & LAX the one day, he was actually surprised at how comfortable it was. chowtime.gif

I live in SoCal & they lived in Indy - so he wasn't out here that often, after they moved from San Diego in `71.

As for mounting a tow bar on a 914, back in the 70's there were a few from Europe in the magazine pulling small Hobie Cats, Sunfish, etc. (as well as ones here in the USA), so I'm surprised that Holland won't allow it, when they did allow it on VW Bugs at one point, as well as using 914s for Police duty! blink.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
GregAmy
My mom was the one with the 914 ('72 1.7). My dad had a Kharmann Ghia convertible...
dflesburg
My father known here as 'Dale Flesburg' still has this car although its a track car now with a 3.2 and 915. He races it in DE events with his son known here as 'John'

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
My Dads 914-6, 1976 photo, my 63 corvair spyder in the background at an autocross.. the 914-6 license plate has been on the car 41 yrs,,
also it had a H&H tow hitch, attached by 3 bolts, I threw it out when my mom moved.. headbang.gif the PO towed his dirt bikes to the track with it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.