Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: squeegee holder hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

The PO got rid of the squeegee channels, but I want to put them back. I was able to get a set from 914Rubber, but I'm not sure how the channel gets mounted to the door skin. The shop diagrams aren't clear. What goes in this hole? Is it a screw...a clip? Something NLA? Thanks for your help!

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
There is an aluminum rail that holds the outer rubber and the inner fuzzy seal I do make them, but there is an early and late. The variation is based on the end cap.
Easy way to tell is if the end of the door has a screw hole (that would hold the late door end cap).
iankarr
Thanks, Mark. I have the rails (You sent the correct ones for my 73). My question is about how to attach the rail to the door. Clearly, the holes in the door and the rail line up. Are there clips or screws that attach the two...and if so, what size? I assume stainless....
r_towle
A screw
iankarr
Thanks. Any particular type/thread/size?
cary
The PET doesn't call out the screws. Kind of odd they missed it.
Here's one of Mark's shots of the screw head.
Click to view attachment
Here's the thread it came out of.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...triangle+window

The bottom two screws on the left are the ones in question. One had to be cut because it stripped out.
Click to view attachment

I'll get you the size data on Monday.
cary
After a little more hardware research it looks like it is #37 on the 804 PET. It calls out 9 per door. I haven't taken the felt out of the window channel yet so I don't know where the other 6 would go. Plating is not called out. George has a nice clear side shot showing the flat head. 2.9 * 13 mm.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/results.php?par...0144%20009%2000
Scroll down to the list at the bottom and it will show you the 804 PET.
iankarr
You guys are awesome. Thanks so much. I mounted the squeegee channel and rubber today. huge difference. I know it's just a simple pice of rubber, but it really finishes off the look. Before the door looked dinky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.