Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Custom car, was gold and I don't think I am going back there.
Not super interested in keeping it guards red.....cause it's a red Porsche, kinda boring.

Not black, not yellow.

Been thinking about silver with a red leather interior...all red, including the dash.

What color would you go for?
I happen to like the bright primary colors of these cars.
Some of the blues look cool and the bright green

It has flares now, and will need a complete paint job anyways...and it will be the last one I ever do on it, so I am thinking I might as well paint it a cool color and let Abel deal with it when I die.
Tom_T
I've always liked the blues - plain & metallic - but that's just me.

p914.com has the 914 colors by MY with a pic of an example 914 in each color - if that helps you choose.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
r_towle
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 6 2016, 05:51 PM) *

p914.com has the 914 colors by MY with a pic of an example 914 in each color - if that helps you choose.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, but I don't need to use stock colors....

What is the address of that virtual 914 that you can choose colors and wheels etc....
It's a simulator.
jmill
Conda green with tan and black interior.

somd914
If I had my choice I'd likely go for Adriatic blue - one of those colors that looks nice on skinny and flared bodies in my opinion.

My silver car is is polar silver compliments if its PO. I think teeners look good in silver but I don't like the blue undertones of polar silver - doesn't look good against chrome and polished trim. In comparison, I'd take the silver on the six next to my car.

But as always, it's your car and you can't please everyone...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jacquot
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 6 2016, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 6 2016, 05:51 PM) *

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, but I don't need to use stock colors....

What is the address of that virtual 914 that you can choose colors and wheels etc....
It's a simulator.

try this: http://www.eggscollective.org/nathan/stora...igurator_k.html
bigkensteele
I have always had an itch to paint one in Audi pearl white. Hard to find a good picture on the interwebs, but you know the color.
snakemain
I like my GT Silver metallic. Also really like that Adriatic Blue and the metallic green...maybe viper green. Would def consider either one of those for my 2nd 914. The red interior would look good with silver. And red interior looks good with both black and silver highlights.
bigkensteele
One of the best pics I could find. Flopping colors obviously can't show well in a still photo, but I really love that Audi white. I love silver on a 914, which is why I think this would be a great color.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Adriatic Blue.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 6 2016, 09:51 PM) *

Adriatic Blue.

agree.gif One of the best colors on a 914. Otherwise, go with Aubergine or Gemini Blue.
porschefile2010
Biased-I know but I love the Anacona Blue on my 75'
thieuster
Or a more modern Porsche color? Lava orange? Oh well, all you need can be found here:

Porsche colours

Menno
Gustl
"cashmere beige"

Click to view attachment

or "rauchquarz metallic"

Click to view attachment

with cork interior

Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
I like the bright pastels. Any of them. Just make sure you pick something you can get repaired without painting the whole car. WTF.gif dry.gif
AndyB
What kind of car is this for?
thelogo

Why not go with the rarest of rare
Strawberry is what I would do

beer3.gif
914dave
Rich
Go and look the old 356 early 911 colors. I had the same problem picking a color. They remind me of ol VW colors. I picked Stein Grau (stone grey). Here's the engine cover
Still working on the rest of the car.
Going from this
Click to view attachment
To this
Click to view attachment
Good luck
tygaboy
I'm at that "what color?" stage, too. Been playing with the Visualizer. Here's one that keeps coming back to me. RS rip off w/blue incorporated into the interior. We'll see. So many choices. I know! I'll build a car for each color I like. Yes, that's a great plan.
EdwardBlume
Loved my metallic charcoal grey 914, but you have to choose the color carefully.
rhodyguy
Silver on red. Great combo. I still kick myself for not buying the red leather interior that came out of the $100k black modified Portland car when Craig sold the car to the new owner.
r_towle
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 7 2016, 11:03 AM) *

Silver on red. Great combo. I still kick myself for not buying the red leather interior that came out of the $100k black modified Portland car when Craig sold the car to the new owner.

I asked him a month or so ago, he sold it to someone...
wes
QUOTE(914dave @ Feb 7 2016, 05:45 AM) *

Rich
Go and look the old 356 early 911 colors. I had the same problem picking a color. They remind me of ol VW colors. I picked Stein Grau (stone grey). Here's the engine cover
Still working on the rest of the car.
Going from this
Click to view attachment
To this
Click to view attachment
Good luck

I like that stone gray, I was thinking of something like that but went with the stock Crome yellow and still kinda wish!
rhodyguy
The interior sold long ago at a bargain price.
RickS
Oslo Blue rocks. Click to view attachment
barefoot
Dark Green:
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 7 2016, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 7 2016, 11:03 AM) *

I asked him a month or so ago, he sold it to someone...

Jim Hoyland?
rhodyguy
I don't know. It was the full meal deal. Seats, back pad, door cards, upper and lower dash and IIRC the targa bar pad. Perhaps the interior pillar pieces and visors too. Can't remember. I think it may have been done when Mike was facilitating work in TJ prior to moving east. It was striking on the black 6 conversion Craig built. The guy that bought the car must have felt it did'nt match his vision for the car.
Mark Henry
On my '67 bug I used Honda colour Atomic Blue Metallic B537M I think it looks bitch'in shades.gif

I did it in Nason, the paint was fairly cheap (2k urethane), looks good even though it has about normal orange peel (that you can only see up close) and it's quite a tough finish.
TravisNeff
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 7 2016, 08:14 AM) *

I'm at that "what color?" stage, too. Been playing with the Visualizer. Here's one that keeps coming back to me. RS rip off w/blue incorporated into the interior. We'll see. So many choices. I know! I'll build a car for each color I like. Yes, that's a great plan.

I like this!
whitetwinturbo
..............GREEN w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.