Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker panel replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twonicks001
Ready to replace my '72s rocker panels (outers) and would appreciate everyone's input as to the best place to source them. AA has steels. Has anyone used these? If so, how was the quality and fit?
Any other suggestions?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Twonicks001 @ Feb 6 2016, 02:54 PM) *

Ready to replace my '72s rocker panels (outers) and would appreciate everyone's input as to the best place to source them. AA has steels. Has anyone used these? If so, how was the quality and fit?
Any other suggestions?

try sending a message of WTB from members here, usually it is a better deal or maybe Bdstone has a pair too.

altitude411
Restoration Design... http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP300L
somd914
I have AA rockers compliments of the PO. Quality seems alright, bit more of a fight to get them on and off as compared to the factory ones on my other car, but they look fine once on.
Twonicks001
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 6 2016, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Twonicks001 @ Feb 6 2016, 02:54 PM) *

Any other suggestions?

try sending a message of WTB from members here, usually it is a better deal or maybe Bdstone has a pair too.

Thanks.
Twonicks001
QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 6 2016, 07:23 PM) *

I have AA rockers compliments of the PO. Quality seems alright, bit more of a fight to get them on and off as compared to the factory ones on my other car, but they look fine once on.

Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit on "the fight?" I know aftermarket always involves some tweeting. I'm just wondering how much time I'm looking at on the change out.
somd914
Nothing major, takes a bit more pushing and pulling to get screw holes lined up so a few minutes longer per side than factory.
EdwardBlume
Rockers can be tough to find perfect without reconditioning reasonably. Since they are steel, you can have them worked on by a body shop, or consider fiberglass which you can shoot yourself.
Twonicks001
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 7 2016, 09:21 AM) *

Rockers can be tough to find perfect without reconditioning reasonably. Since they are steel, you can have them worked on by a body shop, or consider fiberglass which you can shoot yourself.

Thanks
Twonicks001
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 7 2016, 09:21 AM) *

Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.