Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DJet pressure sensors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CatDaddy60
So I was at Austin VeeDub Wrecking yard looking for injectors and I ran across a bin of used pressure sensors. They are reasonably priced and they will ship. They are located in Austin so central standard times.
914Sixer
The problem with them is most do not hold pressure. Chris Foley makes repair kits for them.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Feb 6 2016, 09:08 PM) *

So I was at Austin VeeDub Wrecking yard looking for injectors and I ran across a bin of used pressure sensors. They are reasonably priced and they will ship. They are located in Austin so central standard times.

There are a couple different ones with different specks . So pictures and a vac test on each would help establish value.
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 6 2016, 06:15 PM) *

QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Feb 6 2016, 09:08 PM) *

There are a couple different ones with different specks . So pictures and a vac test on each would help establish value.

I'm not the owner but he is aware of vacuum testing I'm just giving a place that has 9 or ten of them to choose from. They are a VW bone yard with 5 or six 914 s that have been picked pretty clean . if you do call them tell the used parts guy David Johnson sent you.
stinkindiesel
I've yet to find anything useful there, at least not since I used to shop 944 parts in the late 90's. I keep hoping, though!

I know there's a pony in here somewhere...

Gary
Bob L.
Which injectors do you need? I have some for 1.7 d-jet,
and I'm in Austin.
bye1.gif

Only 5-6 left?

Used to be 12ish.
911's are gone as well.

Nothing good there anymore!
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(stinkindiesel @ Feb 8 2016, 01:58 PM) *

I've yet to find anything useful there, at least not since I used to shop 944 parts in the late 90's. I keep hoping, though!

I know there's a pony in here somewhere...

Gary

I keep going too I bought the engine and transmission out of the black and yellow car for a spare. It has a older web cam and 96mm cyl but the heads were bone stock. I noticed your close by and have a 73 1.7 as well also Bob L is close by we should get to gather and commiserate sometime
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Feb 8 2016, 02:19 PM) *

Which injectors do you need? I have some for 1.7 d-jet,
and I'm in Austin.
bye1.gif

Only 5-6 left?

Used to be 12ish.
911's are gone as well.

Nothing good there anymore!

They crushed a bunch according to the parts guy Paul I think his name is. I have the injectors I need if they test good. I purchased the engine and transmission from the yellow and black one as a spare. we should get together to commiserate with stinkdeisl one afternoon
stinkindiesel
I'm game for an Austin get together. Maybe with a little encouragement, my car will even get off the jack stands some day.

Gary
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(stinkindiesel @ Feb 10 2016, 07:19 PM) *

I'm game for an Austin get together. Maybe with a little encouragement, my car will even get off the jack stands some day.

Gary
is there anything we can do to your car to get it off the jackstands?
Bob L.
QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Feb 11 2016, 08:04 AM) *

Gary

I'm up for it as well. Can't work on mine so I would be happy to work on someone else's.
stinkindiesel
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Feb 11 2016, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Feb 11 2016, 08:04 AM) *

Gary

I'm up for it as well. Can't work on mine so I would be happy to work on someone else's.

My son and I have been slowly plugging away at it. I bought it not running, and it's had a lot of small electrical and vacuum issues. I ended up dropping the motor because of a bunch of crud under the tins and need for a general cleaning. The goal at this point is just to get it running and see where we are from there. Spent a couple of weeks going through the wiring harness and replacing any wires that were burnt or corroded.

We just got the rebuilt injectors installed last weekend, the fuel lines all in place, and the plug wires back on. Getting pretty close to ready to get the engine back in. That would be a really good thing to do with some additional help and advice.

While I was working on the harness, my son pulled the half shafts with the intent of replacing a couple of cracked boots. Unfortunately, when we got things cleaned up, we realized the CV joints are toast. There's just too much wear on the surfaces. Looks like now I'm looking at alternatives (Type 1 CV's w/ mods vs Tangerine modded CVs vs Porsche new). Could easily end up spending a big fraction of what I bought the car for. Brake calipers are pretty grungy, so will need rebuild kits. Already my "just get it running" goal has expanded.

This will not be a resto by any means laugh.gif

Spring break is coming up. Anyone up for a work day around then?

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.