Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Achtung Englander
914-6 1970,

970 914-6 original blue plate Irish green car, fitted with 2.7 liter motor and side shift tranny, 7 and 9 x 15” Fuchs, rust free apart from small hole 1" x 5" on floor

The 914 is a genuine 914-6 with proper chassis number,
The story is that my friend who has had a Porsche repair shop since forever had a customer in the mid 80s who was a wealthy doctor and wanted a track car, so a plan was made and they bought this 914-6, it was a one lady owner, Irish green, blue plate California car which at the time was described as in mint condition. They cut the steel fenders and widened them using fillets of steel, so the fenders as you see are the original steels just pulled out.
They fitted a roll cage and lengthened the wheel studs, also adding some brake cooling tubes into the font compartment as well as strengthening the chassis with the usual kit in the rear, fitted a front anti sway bar and front oil cooler, they retained the rear 914-6 brakes, but used larger calipers- 4 pot I think, up front.

The motor is a 2.7 from a mid 1970s 911S, it was stripped down and professionally built into a Euro RS spec with RS pistons and barrels and the heads were flowed and Weber carbs fitted. The cooling was handled by a front mounted oil cooler. The transmission was rebuilt and upgraded to a side shifter box, Bilstein suspension was fitted front and rear plus a front anti sway bar.
Apparently the motor was “Built” so it was very quick, the car was taken to Sears point, the customer drove in one session and scared himself so much that when he got back to the pits he said he'd never track a car again.
The 914 was returned to his home and he started along the route to having it repainted white and turned into a road car, it then sat in his garage from 1989 until today. It is essentially rust free apart from a very small hole on the lowest part of the floor pan, you can see in the pictures, the usual area, below the battery box or "hell hole” is perfect, the car also has no accident damage.
The wheels are genuine 9 x 15 and 7 x 15” Fuchs and I believe are probably worth 5k alone
Although you can't see it in the pics, the proper rear bumper is there, very straight but sadly painted red, also the roof plus several trim parts including the screen surrounds

Car is ideal basis to build it as a 914-6 GT with flared arches price is $35k

email me for more pics exact10@me.com 925 789 9825
Achtung Englander
More pics
Cairo94507
He's right - perfect car for GT flares.

I would just ask that you post more pictures and please include photos of all of the parts you have. Better photos of the remainder of the car showing all of the detail items described if possible.

Where is the car located? I am in the East Bay and could take a look at this if someone is interested. This could be a great project car. GLWTS.
smokey
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.