Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whatcha think of this dizzy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/5426899600.html#

Porsche 914 2.0 dual port FI disributor - $500 (cupertino)

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Bosch
model name / number: 914 2.0 FI

Porshe 914 2.0 Dual Port Vacuum FI Distributor for sale. This Distributor is for a 914 2.0 FI only.
Here are the numbers on the distributor: JFUDRX 4 <------
0231 174 001
022 905 205F
Do your home work to see if this is the distributor for you. The distributor is in excellent condition with the exception of the Vacuum pot. Only one side of the pot is working. The pots are still available online.
This distributor has been completely torn down and completely cleaned, lubed , and reassembled. The centrifugal weights/springs and shaft area is free moving and working as it should. The trigger points have been cleaned and are working. The points plate has been cleaned and lubed and is free moving. The points plate ground strap is intact and in good condition. A new outside shaft O ring has been installed. A used Cap, Rotor, Point set, Condenser are installed. I did however clean them up and the dizzy will work as is but would recommend some new parts. A Pertronics pointless ignition kit would work great. These 914 2.0 FI distributors are getting very scares. Good ones even more so. The price is $500. Sold as is, Local pickup only, NO SHIPPING!
Please contact Gil at 408-813-9101, text is OK also. Thanks

Valy
Looks like my parts stash went up in value.
StratPlayer
It's nice but expsensive. I think I'm going to go without the trigger points and try the new tech.
Besides it's a lot cheaper.
somd914
Just another justification for carbs... poke.gif
914Sixer
The problem with that distributor is that is is NOT for a 2.0 L engine. 039.905.205, A, B is the correct one depending on the year. The price is now derived from the fact that anything Porsche is now expensive because of the speculators now deep into the 914 market.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 05:49 AM) *

Just another justification for carbs... poke.gif

It's justification for aftermarket EFI with spark control. No dizzy in the world can compare to a well tuned spark table. Just sayin'. . . biggrin.gif
r_towle
Wait, my stuff has value?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 7 2016, 05:57 AM) *

The problem with that distributor is that is is NOT for a 2.0 L engine. 039.905.205, A, B is the correct one depending on the year.

Why would using a 1970 1.7L dizz on a 2.0L engine be a problem? Anyone know of a source for the bad vacuum advance can?

914Sixer
Lots of canisters are listed on Ebay but 99 % are wrong. The secret to finding the correct one is to find the number stamped on the arm of the vacuum . Seems like there are 3 different numbers for 73, 74 and 75-76. The number is 3 digits. I will check and see what is on the 205 A.

As for the distributor, it will work but the curve for the advance is slightly different.
turk22
My original 2.0 FI distrib has "917" stamped on the arm:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.