Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who makes flush fit rockers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Even the though the 914 has great style, the one thing that has always bugged me are the inset rockers which look like an after thought. Do any companies make rockers which are flush with the door panels and quarters?

I don't want to drill my originals at the sills.

My car is not flared like the beauty below, but am going for the same look for flat sided Click to view attachment
mepstein
You have to get what you want hand made.
RickS
Yikes. Not the answer I was hoping for.

Anyone else? Beuller? Bueller? Bueller?
siverson
Mepstein has the right answer.

-Steve
RickS
QUOTE(siverson @ Feb 7 2016, 07:26 AM) *

-Steve

Damn you Mepstein! (For being so right). wink.gif. pray.gif

Was going to learn welding this summer, but English wheel too? Maybe just grafting extensions to the flat surfaces will get me there.
mepstein
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 7 2016, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Feb 7 2016, 07:26 AM) *

-Steve

Damn you Mepstein! (For being so right). wink.gif. pray.gif

Custom doesn't have to be expensive. It just takes finding the right guy to do the work. Usually that will mean a hobbyist or enthusiast working out of their garage or personal shop instead of a commercial shop. Or ask one of the guys on World to build what your looking for and figure out a trade.
Chris914n6
cheap and easy is extensions. you can even rivet them on if you please.
RohJay
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 7 2016, 08:07 PM) *

Even the though the 914 has great style, the one thing that has always bugged me are the inset rockers which look like an after thought. Do any companies make rockers which are flush with the door panels and quarters?

I don't want to drill my originals at the sills.

My car is not flared like the beauty below, but am going for the same look for flat sided

I'm not sure if these will solve your problem.
I feel the way they are shaped at each end, makes them better integrated than the originals.

Click to view attachment

These ABS Rocker Covers were originally sold by AA.
I just purchased a set of these from a member here.
Dion
I agree Rohjay. I had those raised lettered rockers on mine before I did the flares.
Always liked them. Doubled as pseudo mud flap at the front. Heheh.
I thought they were nice.
RickS
Great suggestion. And at $146 for a set, not much of a risk. I like the non-rust aspect too since I have already saved mine once form the tin worm.

Extensions will work but unless professionally done they would probably drive me crazy and then would have to powder coat them. Mucho mas dollars.

Thanks gents.
ndfrigi
75 narrow with big rubber bumper and plastic rocker panels with porsche letter.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.