Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That'll buff right out ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
blink.gif
JRust
I think they may have missed the little bit of rust on that car blink.gif . Hate it when that happens confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
sixnotfour
Lambo Doors blink.gif
rgalla9146
How much for the interior light ?
Mike Fitton
Anyone nearby who can do a PPI for me?
buck toenges
This is a better then the big butt test! Next time you go out to look at a 914 bring a fork lift.
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 7 2016, 10:02 PM) *

blink.gif

Oh my. Actually could be fixed though. Sigh.
johnhora
Hey there's a ton of parts there sawzall-smiley.gif
mbseto
Ad said no rust!
r_towle
I once got a car like that, set on my trailer with forklifts, but broke about a foot above my trailer.

It was a real bitch to get it off the trailer (in the snow) and then get the motor and trans out....
I ended up placing the motor and trans on a dolly and cutting away the body from above with a sawzall....it was not simple, and dangerous.

I think I still have that motor....
I made the front of it into a couch.
Mark Henry
I bought a parts car once that was only held together by the shift rod and the wiring harness.
Unobtanium-inc
Pop rivets, the perfect fix!
Dominic
Had the owner properly latched the targa top...This Would Have NEVER happened! headbang.gif
pete000
Get the VIN for the data base ???
Racer
That was Salvador Dali's 914 wink.gif
RickS
QUOTE(Racer @ Feb 8 2016, 04:55 PM) *

That was Salvador Dali's 914 wink.gif

Winner!
OllieG
Wait for it...there'll be a 'I'm new to 914s' thread starting soon asking whether this is a good resto candidate!
mbseto
All that sheet metal between the firewalls is available from RD.

Cut everything out between the firewalls, and build a jig to hold the two halves straight. Shouldn't be much greater effort that the dollies many guys build anyway.

Get the longs, tunnels, and pans from RD and weld them all up as a unit. Then weld the whole unit in at once. If you take good care with straight edge and square and can test fit the doors during the process, I think it would actually be easier that the usual cut-and-weld-as-you-go process that is usually done.
madmax914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 8 2016, 04:19 AM) *

Lambo Doors blink.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.