Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front control arm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Started installing some of my front end parts and when putting on the control arm I noticed a gap. checked the manual and it doesn't show anything going in here. there are gaskets that go under the torsion arm adjusters but what sense is that if there is a large gap here that water and debris can get into???

Click to view attachment

I have these gaskets

Click to view attachment

but the manual clearly shows that they go here...

Click to view attachment

I am tempted to just put them in the gap shown in the first picture and buy a second set to go under the torsion bar adjusters.

I checked that I didn't put the ends on wrong when I put in the elephant rubber bushings on. I don't think they would fit the other way anyhow, the front of the control arm would be to far forward.

I put am putting 911 struts on but these parts all are the original 914 stuff.

What say you???

Olympic 914
I haven't had anyone come up with a good answer yet. so instead of buying gaskets I thought I would make up a couple.

So not to be outdone by Series9 skillful use of his new lathe. I found a likely piece of gasket stock ( Pool noodle ) and made these.

Click to view attachment

little big but they should squish down.

Click to view attachment

fits good.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
DavidSweden
I made my own as well from some foam I had in the garage
Series9

Yes!

first.gif
r_towle
Add it to your list Joe.....

02loftsmoor
you just have too many toys smile.gif
Olympic 914
Worked out good..

And its even Blue... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.