Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk 911 Front Control Arms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I know that URO is making them BUT I have a long standing hate relationship with their stuff. I see that Dansk is now making the arms. They are priced about $50-$100 above the URO arms. I hope the cost difference is because they are made in Europe. Anybody got any info?
mepstein
I think we get ours from Dansk. I'll check tomorrow.
Larmo63
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
aturboman
They are both made on the same tooling in Taiwan. Tooling cost can be prohibitive for high tooling cost / low volume parts like these so it's pretty common for companies to share the expense.
I consulted on this project, so this is firsthand knowledge.
914Sixer
sad.gif Well I guess that answered the question where the control arms are made. Maybe Taiwan is a positive over China? smile.gif
Chris914n6
Most if not all aftermarket body parts are made in Taiwan. Probably good enough for a driver.
Mikey914
Maybe not. I have seen some "new" parts being pulled from old tools in Germany.
Mark Henry
I just did this job and the only hard bit is dissasembly.
After that it's all quite easy, so I'd spend my money on a better bushing from Elephant, Tangerine or Rebel.
I used McMark's (Muller) bearing, but I don't know if he offers them anymore.

If you want rubber to be "correct" the bushing systems are reversible. BTW after seeing how rubber distorts I'm not impressed.
stugray
QUOTE(aturboman @ Feb 9 2016, 10:55 AM) *

They are both made on the same tooling in Taiwan. Tooling cost can be prohibitive for high tooling cost / low volume parts like these so it's pretty common for companies to share the expense.
I consulted on this project, so this is firsthand knowledge.

If you understand the engineering bits that went into the design, then may I ask a question?

If I wanted to get the equivalent of the expensive offset balljoints for more front camber, is there any engineering reason that I cannot just lengthen the A-arm by welding in a 1/2-3/4" spacer to make the cross-member longer?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.