Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discrete L-Jet Air Box Mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
I was looking at the air box on my 1.8 L-Jet and it seemed to be a bit restrictive with all the air entering through a small opening in the snorkel. I wanted to flow a bit more air but wanted to retain the stock look. Not a big fan of "Cone" filters.

Picked up an extra box and made some mods. I did notice there is a restricter flap in the stock snorkel entrance that I am sure is there for some reason or another (sound, air wave frequency, turbulence, whatever). I decided to cut it out so it would be straight through. I also added a large hole in the front side of the box which will allow a lot more air volume to enter the intake. w00t.gif

I know this is engine compartment air it is breathing, but the opening is not that lower than the snorkel inlet so the air temps would be similar. idea.gif

Easy mod and it does seem to pull nicely on my seat of the pants dyno. lol-2.gif

I know this might be mental gains in Horsepower. screwy.gif

Looks stock and is very un noticeable. smilie_pokal.gif

I was surprised it doesn't seem to make additional noise either. driving.gif
AndyB
I blocked mine off and ran a cold air intake through the rocker cover. It still utilizes the stock air filter and its not sucking in warm engine air.

Andy
malcolm2
Hay, when your car becomes a "ran when parked" the mice will have a side door...

blink.gif
r_towle
it would be great to get that on a dyno with both air filter setups to do back to back testing.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.