Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monster!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
Wow what a machine! Just got back from Idylwild after enjoying a brisk ride through the twisties. Anyone else into Duc's?
i love porsche
beautiful bike! i love ducatis, i hope to own a MH900e someday, its the most beautiful bike ive ever seen...a friend of mine has a 900SS and a 916, let me tell you, NOTHING sounds like a ducati, they are so distinct, its beautiful....ill probably get an old junker bike in the next few years, once i finish the teener, then get a ducati when im out on my own making money
DuckRyder
<<<<<------------- Likes Ducati (Whats in a name eh?)

How do those SIL pipes sound, My 900SS had a Termi spaghetti pipe. It was deafening!! I loved it, the neighbors did not.

I want one of these:

user posted image

But alas not as bad as I want one of these:

user posted image

Anyone want to buy an RC51 (seriously)?

jgiroux67
Its all about the 996 or 999. Now only if I had 20k to spend on a motor cycle.
PatW
I used to speak Ducati quite well. wink.gif
Hydra
Used to own a 996, great bike wub.gif
but i had to sell it about a year ago sad.gif (cash shortage)
But what a great bike, it had titanium exhaust, ecu was tuned for max performance etc...
Best bike i've ever driven...
jwalters
ohmy.gif wub.gif The Mike Hailwood is my dream---oh my gosh--I am touching myself-- wub.gif
Howard
My first race ride. I was thinner then biggrin.gif

Hi_Fi_Guy
I looked at the S2R and K1200S on Saturday. Might need one of each. The Ducati S2R is the bargain machine compared to teh K1200S though.
xitspd
QUOTE (DuckRyder @ Mar 20 2005, 12:39 PM)
<<<<<------------- Likes Ducati (Whats in a name eh?)

How do those SIL pipes sound, My 900SS had a Termi spaghetti pipe. It was deafening!! I loved it, the neighbors did not.

I want one of these:

user posted image

But alas not as bad as I want one of these:

user posted image

Anyone want to buy an RC51 (seriously)?

The Sils are extremely free flowing and loud! Not too bad unless you are following....... I like it!
Joe Bob
I rode Guzzis but always loved Ducs....the only down side was the "interesting" valve configuration and constant maintanence....
KaptKaos
I love those ducats with the desmo valves. Never owned or ridden, but I'd really like one one of these days (after my kids are all grows up). Love those naked Monsters too. Sweet bikes. Just my style.
JmuRiz
those MH900e's are great looking bikes, but even more uncomfortable than the 916-998 series. The 999 is a much more comfy bike, but the rear cyl gets your thighs hot. Your Monster and that S4r are VERY nice though. Then again if you were going for comfort we'd all be riding gold wings eh, haha. Here's a pic of my Ducati, a little older than those ducs:
xitspd
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Mar 21 2005, 07:31 AM)
those MH900e's are great looking bikes, but even more uncomfortable than the 916-998 series. The 999 is a much more comfy bike, but the rear cyl gets your thighs hot. Your Monster and that S4r are VERY nice though. Then again if you were going for comfort we'd all be riding gold wings eh, haha. Here's a pic of my Ducati, a little older that those ducs:

That is a very cool bike! smilie_pokal.gif The value of older Ducs is on the way up.
dinomium
I want and S4 SO bad, but my wife says I am too much of a klutz...
sad.gif
So I trip and hit my head alot, big DEAL
larryp
I have a friend with a mint few mile S4 for sale. PM me if you want me to see how much it is. I might be interested in the RC51, so PM me and let ME know how much it is. Is it white or red?

If someone wants a black R1100S with cams, chip, Staintune, Dymags, braided lines, HID headlights, rearsets, InDuct, carbon bodywork, front and rear Ohlins, etc ....

Or a perfectly good yellow 929RR!
mike_the_man
A Ducati dealer just opened up here last week. I haven't checked it out yet, but I've been meaning to. I think I'd probably kill myself on a bike, but what a way to go! biggrin.gif

rhodyguy
nice bikes. i gave them up for good. even stopped paying for the endorsement on my d.l. your's is very cool nathan.

k
jasons
I had a '93 750ss for about 4 years. I thought I would never get rid of it. I was wrong, between SUV drivers, cell phones and my sanity getting the best of my need for wheelies I got out. I miss that bike, but it was time to move on.
Marv's3.6six
Here's my ole canyon & track toy. biggrin.gif
Marv's3.6six
And for you MotoGP fans here's a pic of me and Nicky Hayden. biggrin.gif
PatW
You guys are going to drive me back into a mid-life-crisis with this Ducati thread. biggrin.gif
Nicky Haden should do well this year. Maybe? unsure.gif

Marv.. Chatted with Eddie Lawson last April at Laguna Seca. He drives superkarts for fun now.
914werke
Im supprised by this thread ... ohmy.gif
recognizing that, a majority of us Teener heads are cheap..err, frugle bastards and that mantenance costs on DUCs are HIGH!!! monkeydance.gif
Marv's3.6six
Oh yeah, I have this on order....due in Spring of 2006. wink.gif
914werke
PAt I was also at that reace and Got to rap with both Eddie and Wayne clap.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (Marv's3.2six @ Mar 21 2005, 05:35 PM)
Oh yeah, I have this on order....due in Spring of 2006. wink.gif

Marv,

Luciano owner of Rodolfos restaurant in Hemet has the same Ducati on order. He lives in Murrieta! Small world. Let's ride....

Dan
scooter311
I would love to own one......
wub.gif

My cousin in 'The old country' is a model/recruiter for Ducati, she drove up and down the West coast a couple years ago on a Monster.
I've been to the Aprilia factory too, saw (I think) Biaggi's bike on a revolving pedestal in the lobby (10 years ago maybe?)

Sparky
I got out of bikes when the wife and I started having kids. But if I were to do a bike this would be it:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.