Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help Identifying Mystery Part VW or what ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
Here is the part, it appears to be a warm air elbow from an air cooled VW or Porsche, It's NOS with the dealer sticker in tact. I have a part # from the sticker but it does not match anything.
The part # is: 070 256 331 Description: Conn Pipe
Do you guys have any idea what it fits ? confused24.gif

Carrera916
Ummmm...

the parts number....070???

the shape looks very much like the connecting heating pipe that goes underneath the VW bug seat where it hooks up the heating plumbing from engine compartment to the longitudal tube...

sorry...not quite sure as I do not have VW parts book...

j
Katmanken
Looks like something the Germans designed. I've seen that clamp used to attach oil bath air cleaners onto carbs in the beetles, but not on any heater parts.

A pipe for an induction system (warm air hose attachment?) From an early Karmann Ghia? They mounted the filter on the side of the engine compartment and had to run a connector pipe
reverie
It might be a water-cooled part.. Passat or Jetta?
URY914
It's the connector pipe that you use when you hook up two or more water pipes in series. That is the right hand connector. There is also a Y connector and and a left hand piece.

Bubble, bubble bubble gergle gergle.... wacko.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Looks very much like the 914 heater "J" tube. Thats the same style clamp as on the flapper valves.
rhodyguy
guess. ducting for hot air on a gas heater?

k
qa1142
LOL

Put it on EBay, you'll probably get $30

biggrin.gif
riverman
Rust ejection tube. Never installed on the 914. wink.gif
Mark Henry
Part of the heat exchanger system for a VW Vanagon...I can still get it new...about 20 bucks.

070 is a Vanagon part number.
Dominic
Thanks for the help Mark !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.