Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Front Rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clarkcou
I am about to purchase new rotors for my 72 914. The front spindles may not be original. I need to confirm if they are the new style or old style before ordering.

The base of the shock tube assy is threaded for a bolt. Does this confirm the early/late style? If so, which do I have?

Randy

confused24.gif
gfulcher
Hey Randy...

I just (as in today) pulled the spindles off of my '72 and swapped them out with late spindles (I bought a set of BMW 320i brake calipers and rotors from a fellow teener recently that were already machined for the late spindles). The late model spindles use a double-tapered stud & bolt arrangement, where the early spindles are threaded for a hex bolt.

I'm not a betting man, but I would say that yes, you have the early variety of spindles if they are threaded to accept a bolt.

Also, the later cars have "hub centric" rotors (a ring around the hub that the rim sits on). As far as I know, these are not interchangable.

Hope this helps!

-greg-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.