Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Rats Nest to J-West
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
I think at one time this 914 must have had a CB radio, Pioneer super tuner radio/8 track player with a equalizer, 5 differnt alarm systems and let's throw in a Kraco radio installed by Kmart. It was the first thing I saw when I bought the car and must admit it scared me. Thanks to everyone here at 914-world I learned about J-West and along with PMS in Phoenix who went through the entire 914 wiring system. I now have electrical system that should be trouble free and easier on the eyes.

Rats Nest
Click to view attachment
J-west install
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
My 914 had a CB & Motorola AM/FM/8-Track back in the day, but without the rat's nest Coondog! biggrin.gif

The Motorola will go back in after the resto, but the CB moved over to the 88 Westfalia when we got that in `88.

You just gotta love the creativity of "professional" installers! dry.gif

Good Luck Sorting it Out!
Tom
///////
Coondog
I wish I took a picture of the box full of wires that PMS pulled out before I trashed them. The cooper alone would have made any tweeker happy.... smile.gif
Chris H.
Click to view attachment

Here's a picture for you...is this Foxy Lady from Smokey & The Bandit w00t.gif ?

Just threw away my Sanyo cassette player from the 914. It was a 10 watt BLOWTORCH (total peak watts of course, 5 per channel.). They used a butter knife to cut the dash during installation. Or maybe a weed whacker.

edwin
I recently installed one and wasn't that impressed.
Nice to have blade fuses sure but the terminals were a stretch on the wires and when fitted it was pressed against the power distribution block. I can't see the block not being a problem in other cars so why isn't it covered in the kit?
I moved the block and the result is nice but hardly the best thought out kit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.