Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914 engine - W0000364
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Raffenerat
Hello out there!
I have a 914 engine (right oil stick pipe) with code W0000364 without tins, generator etc.
What I don't have is a 914... blink.gif

But my interest is mostly to build engines and this one seems rare in my eyes, because it's that low number... So my first question is: Is it any market for it?
(I'ts only a hobbie and no company! I'm a office rat in train business!) type.gif

And if so - is anyone got a full spec. on what's special for that early engine compared to a little bit later W engine for Type 4? (Maybe I can get a complete Type 4 engine with code W0020435 in my hands)

It's dismounted, and for example I don't remember which distributor came from that engine! sad.gif
All tip with how to reconize the parts is nice to get!

Kind regards
Raffe, Sweden
larss
Hallo Raffe!
Yes this should be a wery early 1970 engine, sorry but I dont think it affects the value wery much. From what I know there wasnt many changes to the W type block itself during its years but yes distributors etc were changed.
By the way are you sure it is a 914 and not a VW 411 coupe engine? Both had the same dipstick setup but the 411 had the engine no close to the oil filler and the 914 had its no on top of the block close to the flywheel end.

Lars S
Raffenerat
Man tackar for the info...!!! shades.gif
Unfortunately I think my engine no is near the oil filler, so then I donĀ“t bother to rebuild it as original... I can focus on the high volume engine projects in my garage, like 2,6 litre Type 4 engines and a 5,7 litre aircooled flat-six engine! rolleyes.gif
larss
agree.gif

Lars S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.