Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a coil bracket....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
not the one that holds it onto the pass side tin, but the one that holds it up on the front right corner of the cast aluminum fan shroud....

anyone? i need ASAP....
pics would help huh wacko.gif
Allan
Crap Aaron, if I knew last week I would have brought it to you. I bought a new one yesterday and the bracket was crap.
Qarl
duct tape
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 20 2005, 08:45 PM)
Crap Aaron, if I knew last week I would have brought it to you. I bought a new one yesterday and the bracket was crap.

bummer....
Qarl
Dood... post us a pic of your fixed up engine...

I wanna see your handywork...

(and that of your slave laborers)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 20 2005, 09:09 PM)
Dood... post us a pic of your fixed up engine...

I wanna see your handywork...

(and that of your slave laborers)

i have no digi cam... but it is bitchin!

ill drive it over to scotts..... so he can take a pic... LOL
Aaron Cox
need this coil mount!

user posted image
Elliot_Cannon
I hope you wiped all the slobber and finger print smudges from that oil pump!
Cheers, Elliot
How can you be an admin. without a digital camera?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 20 2005, 09:26 PM)
I hope you wiped all the slobber and finger print smudges from that oil pump!
Cheers, Elliot
How can you be an admin. without a digital camera?

bite me grandpa laugh.gif

elliot.... it is on the road....almost ready to drive......get outta the way..... here i come burnout.gif driving.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 20 2005, 08:26 PM)
need this coil mount!

user posted image

What's up with all of the cooling metal and ducting? You have photo shop, huh?
Aaron Cox
thats a bus.....

anyway...you have such a coil mount?
maf914
Why not try a VW dealer? Since its a bus part they may still be available. idea.gif
Aaron Cox
i called S A B (save a bug) and they dont have one either.....

it would be nice to have a VW part number handy rolleyes.gif
nebreitling
i have such a mount, but i'm using it. looked for a part number, couldn't find one. wouldn't be too hard to fab something up.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 21 2005, 10:31 AM)
i have such a mount, but i'm using it. looked for a part number, couldn't find one. wouldn't be too hard to fab something up.

i will trade you.... my tin mounted coil bracket, and a chrome aftermarket one....for your such bracket
nebreitling
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 21 2005, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 21 2005, 10:31 AM)
i have such a mount, but i'm using it.  looked for a part number, couldn't find one.  wouldn't be too hard to fab something up.

i will trade you.... my tin mounted coil bracket, and a chrome aftermarket one....for your such bracket

i'll pass. i like the location as is.

can't you locate the coil somewhere else? hell, throw it on the firewall.
Aaron Cox
i figured.....

anyway....i may have sourced one locally.....
but the harness that houses the wires to the coil....also houses the oil pressure light wire.... they cant be tooo far apart.

we shall see....

i still need to time this new mallory....

dude....38mm pumps rock... took like 2 crank revolutions to get oil pressure laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
nate, can you take a pic of the coil bracket for me?

i may have to make one......
SLITS
You'll get one, but in the mail. Since you college guys are on "Spring Break", I assume you are hornyer than a 3 pecker billy goat and seeing as how you are from Corona, I don't want to get that close to you.
nebreitling
yo
Aaron Cox
nate,

thx for the pic. i was about to attempt making one.
Ron (SLITS) just hooked me up.

thanks for the help guys smilie_pokal.gif
Part Pricer

OK. I'm late to this party, but I'm looking for the same exact thing. Since I don't have the same type of relationship with with benevolent old men as Aaron, where can I get one of these coil brackets?

MattR
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Mar 21 2005, 02:09 PM)
OK. I'm late to this party, but I'm looking for the same exact thing. Since I don't have the same type of relationship with with benevolent old men as Aaron, where can I get one of these coil brackets?

Just be creative. Aaron lacks creativity slap.gif. You can mount it to the fire wall, or fab your own mount. Theres no reason it has to be a factory VW or Porsche part... just whatever works. Remember, all this does is hold down the coil.
Mueller
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Mar 21 2005, 03:09 PM)

PM me your address and I'll send you one for free smile.gif

I'm using an Accel Super Coil which is a big ol square shaped jobber.....
SLITS
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Mar 21 2005, 03:09 PM)

If Muller doesn't send it I have another...same deal....

Mine, I just screw.....uhhh, I mean....attach it to the firewall.
Part Pricer

Thanks Mike. beerchug.gif
Part Pricer

Thanks to you too, Ron. beer.gif I appreciate the offer, but I'm sure Mike will come through.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.