Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing power to ECU question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74ravenna
Hi,

In trying to figure why I can't start my 74 1.8 i decided to try the attached troubleshooting guide and hopefully learn about my car.

First off I have never heard the fuel pump run like everyone speaks of but I do have fuel after the pump and in the engine bay lines so I believe it works.

So i get to test #9 on the attached sequence, i unplug the ECU then go inside the car to turn the ignition on and the pump starts running and doesn't seem to want to stop.
The sound is unmistakable and I know this is the first time I've heard it.
Not wanting to check for 12V. at pins 16 & 24 on the ECU connector while the pump runs I decided to disconnect the battery and regroup.

So why is this the first time the pump energized like it is supposed to (after disconnecting the ECU) and how long would it have run.

TIA
Steve

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Unfortunately that test procedure applies to D-Jet cars, not L-jet, which the dual relay is more critical. Hopefully one of our L-jet gurus will jump in on this, Tim, Jim Hoyland, Clay or others. In the meantime, maybe these will help:
r_towle
Fuel pump on ljet only runs while cranking or when the flapper on the afm is opened
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.