Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking About Changing Color Yellow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Since I am going to repaint the car (yes it looks good from 15 feet, but up close it sucks)... I am thinking of repainting the 914 a different shade of yellow.

As it sits next to the Elise, I notice that the sunflower yellow (L13K) is quite bland. I have had toughts of making it match the Elise (which is a bit more orangey) or painting it a real Porsche color such as Signal Yellow.

I read in a previous post that 914-6 #5210 was painted Signal Yellow. I would like to see a picture of it.

DaveP informed me that #4 is Signal Yellow... might make a good tribute to #4!

What do you think?

Comarison

user posted image

user posted image

Signal Yellow on a 911

user posted image

user posted image
redshift
I voted for Pat Buchanan.

M
VegasRacer
How does the Signal yellow compare to the Saffron?
Aaron Cox
do you color coordinate your underwear to your elise too?

signal orange yo!
Joe Bob
Do you do ANY work in that garage?
Series9
Just like I just said.

Glasurit POR 12K.
redshift
No offense to the yeller teener owners... although I know that's a small crowd.. with tiny weeners..

THE WORLD DOES NOT NEED ANOTHER YELLOW TEENER.

Ok, bombs away...

M
CptTripps
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 21 2005, 05:47 AM)
No offense to the yeller teener owners... although I know that's a small crowd.. with tiny weeners..

Ok, bombs away...

M

I agree...

I always liked Ravenna Green. I STILL think I may want to paint mine that color.

Tell you what Quarl, I'll take your tub, and you can have mine and paint it whatever color you want. It'd be the perfect trade!

tdgray
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Mar 21 2005, 05:11 AM)

Ok, bombs away...

M

I agree...

I always liked Ravenna Green. I STILL think I may want to paint mine that color.

Tell you what Quarl, I'll take your tub, and you can have mine and paint it whatever color you want. It'd be the perfect trade!

agree.gif I always liked the Ravenna Green.

I am definitley changing the color of my car... light ivory is just boring as shit blink.gif

My top choices are signal orange and ravenna green..... wife's choice is RG. boldblue.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Mar 21 2005, 05:11 AM)

Ok, bombs away...

M

I agree...

agree.gif

although I voted for the porsche code I like RGreen
ArtechnikA
Canary (2910) ...
d914
CHROME!!!!! go for the bling....
CptTripps
I found this pic here...

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../5/78505015.htm

(NOT my car...I wish though!)

user posted image
fiid
Have you thought about painting it Chrome Orange (Elise color)....?

Maybe I should do that to my car.... :-)

Fiid.
TJB/914
Hi Qarl,

I vote to change the color. If your thinking it, do it!!!!

Tom
Qarl
DaveP just informed me the #4 is Signal Yellow!

That might be a good tribute to #4

clap.gif

mueba.gif

I'm not so concerned about "originality" as the car is so far from original. But I think that the Signal Yellow is closer to the Saffron Yellow (Lotus) then the the the Sunflower Yellow...

No... I am not screwy.gif
Porsche Rescue
I think you would soon tire of two cars the exact same color. I also think the car should be a Porsche 914 color, something that would have been on a gt or six in 1970.
bondo
What went wrong with the first paint job? (just want to make sure it doesn't happen to me) smile.gif
Kargeek
Forget about it and just finish you car...You liked the color enough to paint it in the first place.
rhodyguy
the flaws could be seen under a microscope. if you're looking to change, do it in irish green, seriously. few cars are that color, and it looks great with shiny bright work. find a paint code tag that's correct and no one, except us, will know the dif. i did vote to leave the car color it is.

k
Qarl
No.. the flaws can be seen by looking right at it...

Runs... fisheyes, too thin paint, too much paint, and then areas with NO PAINT at all.

Plus, I think some areas weren't properly primed. Some of the areas were not properly prepped and then some areas I wanted fixed were not.

Unacceptable.

Ask iamchappy. He's seen it in person and he agrees with my decisions to redo it.

iamchappy
Yes, Qarls paint job really sucks the big one.
Mueller
I'd go the brightest/ loudest yellow you can find....you want to have to wear sunglasses at night to view that puppy smile.gif
rhodyguy
i had know idea carl. i take it the guy is paid in full? sad.gif

k
xitspd
Carl,

Signal Yellow or Guards Red... How about both? wacko.gif Congrates on the new Lotus smilie_pokal.gif
Qarl
Hmm.. okay... no Lotus yellow...

Still thinking about the Signal Yellow though...

unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
make up your mind...pansy laugh.gif

paint it like a GT..... cage it and all.... make it a GT
pete-stevers
Karl.... I vote for a signal yellow....it looks good on any Porsche...or...bikinni top...Yup biggrin.gif
agree.gif I sure do
AndyC
Signal yelow - either that or bare metal it, polish and laquer delorean style.
Nice to see British cars are going down well over there.
Qarl
It would look sorta like this...

Just a tad bit yellower than Signal Orange
Qarl
Or this...

seanery
SUNFLOWER mayun
Series9
Inserted for purposes of side by side comparison:
Qarl
Another photoshop attempt...
Qarl
Ahhh... I guess I'll just keep it yellow.

rick 918-S
Qarl, Did you find a shop for the repaint yet?
Sammy
YPAF, but IMO the Porsche factory yellows are just a tad bit off. Chrome yellow comes the closest to what I think yellow on a teener should be.

That saffron doesn't look bad at all but it's tough to judge through a computer screen.

JmuRiz
I've always liked the chrome yellow too, ever since I've seen pictures of Rich Johnson's car.IPB Image
7TPorsh
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 10 2006, 08:13 AM) *

I've always liked the chrome yellow too, ever since I've seen pictures of Rich Johnson's car.IPB Image

yes, chrome yellow!!

What color is the web page banner? (halloween's over guys) How 'bout a turkey?
N14
go green............by the way nice lotus
spare time toys
Guess you dont need to match the Lotus after the tire store incident. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.