Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Good Use for Magnets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
These Rare Earth magnets are $3 for a ten pack at Harbor Freight. Appx 8mm in diameter. I like to keep the different oil cans close to the drill but found that to be a challenge until I placed a couple of these beneath the cans. There not going anywhere until I need one.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Also, I discovered that when I inserted 3 magnets into this 1/4 sectioned piece of pipe insulation I have a mobile door guard for my lift. Previously I glued these guards
to the posts but it proved too big of an attraction to the cat.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Now I just slide it up out of the cats reach when not in use.

Click to view attachment
Chris Pincetich
beerchug.gif
doug_b_928
I especially like the door guard idea...will emulate that one. Thanks!
Bartlett 914
With you on the door guard! I have used rubber but it keeps coming off. simple soultion
bulitt
I'm loving the old oil cans!
billh1963
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 15 2016, 10:58 AM) *

Previously I glued these guards

The first problem I see is that you have a cat.... laugh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Feb 15 2016, 08:55 AM) *

I especially like the door guard idea...will emulate that one. Thanks!

Forgot to mention this; keep 'em shallow. Poke a screwdriver in it to make a sleeve for the magnet.

QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 15 2016, 11:14 AM) *

I'm loving the old oil cans!

I use 'em. WD is messy and likes to sheeplove.gif w/ paint. mad.gif One has machine oil, one has cutting oil and one has regular ol' 30W.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 15 2016, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 15 2016, 10:58 AM) *

Previously I glued these guards

The first problem I see is that you have a cat.... laugh.gif

Yup. Lived in the country too long before my move to the Big City. Cats were an important part of a balanced environment there. And after 12 yr's in this home there are no mice "clue's" laying about. biggrin.gif Granted they can be a PITA but so am I and my wife keeps me around. lol-2.gif
914forme
I have on one the side of my drill press, it holds the chuck key so I don't lose it. And it does not need a chain like th one in my shop class in Jr. High.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 15 2016, 03:19 PM) *
I have on one the side of my drill press, it holds the chuck key so I don't lose it.

Wow, how the heck did you train a cat to hold a chuck key???

--DD
struckn
Thanks for the info that Habor Freight has the Magnets. I bought Side Reflectors to go on my Teener. The original side markers were deleted. At night when driving, I worry about getting tee boned. I need strong magnets to glue on to the back of the reflectors so I can attach the reflectors on to the fenders when it's dark out. During the day I can pull the reflectors off, if they don't blow off first while driving.

piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.