How can i improve the engine ?

Bigger pistons/cylinders ?
Bigger cylinderheads?

I have to buy all the parts.....

Niklas

gandalf_025
Personally, I'd stay with a 66mm crankshaft and 2.2 cylinders with JE
pistons at a compression ratio that works for you and the gasoline you
will be using. 2.2 cylinders don't require cutting the case.

2.2 heads flow better than 2.0 so I'd go with them.. add Solex cams..
Pretty reasonable set up and shouldn't require cutting the body for
external oil coolers.. A nice small displacement 6 that revs well.

I'm sure others will bring forth many other options....
Mark Henry
Starting with an empty case that's going to be an expensive build blink.gif

I have some 2.0 odd bits I'd give you for the cost of shipping, but there's a lots of 2.0 parts that builders upgrade as part of a build.
I for sure have heads, rods, pump kicking around.
Niklas
Yes but fun ☺

Sent you a PM Mark Henry.

Niklas
Mark Henry
Can I ask, is this the correct numbers engine case for your car?
I'm assuming this is a 914/6 right?

I will get a list of the 1969 911T parts (same as OE 914/6) I have and you are welcome to them, but be aware in an non-concours engine build many of these parts would be "upgraded" with later parts.
Niklas
No this is not the correct number engine case for my 914.
I am building a 914/6. My car is a -73.
I like it all original.
jmill
You can easily get 2.0T power out of a 4. The 2.0 and 2.2 share the same crank but not cylinder size. 81mm for 2.0 and 84mm for 2.2 and 2.4. iMHO I'd go with 84mm pistons/cylinders and use the 2.2/2.4 heads since they are better designed. You can then build a 2.2.
flyer86d
You have a crankcase for a low number USA spec chassis. It could be worth something if that chassis still exists or is close to one whose engine has been swapped. Then look for a 2.0 liter 911t complete engine for your car. It probably be a lot more cost effective than having to source all of the bits and pieces to complete yours. It would be as close as you can get to be original spec for a 914-6 and since you are building a conversion, it makes no difference for originality.

Charlie
Series9
I have crank, rods, layshaft and oil pump.

joe@914rs.com
Mark Henry
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Feb 16 2016, 08:01 AM) *

You have a crankcase for a low number USA spec chassis. It could be worth something if that chassis still exists or is close to one whose engine has been swapped. Then look for a 2.0 liter 911t complete engine for your car. It probably be a lot more cost effective than having to source all of the bits and pieces to complete yours. It would be as close as you can get to be original spec for a 914-6 and since you are building a conversion, it makes no difference for originality.

Charlie

agree.gif
Niklas That is what I was getting at Because you engine is not correct numbers, the 914/6 numbers numbers on your engine case really add no extra value.
If your 914 is a real six it still quite valuable even with the incorrect number engine and will likely be more valuable with a later well sorted engine.
Also do some research the 1969 911T 914/6 engine is a bit of a sucky engine, the absolutely only reason I would use it is for a numbers matching correct car.
You also can easily keep the engine looking correct using weber carbs and once you install them in the 914 it's pretty hard to tell them apart.

These six engines, 2.0 through 3.6 they all cost over $10,000 USD to rebuild.

Think about that for a few days, then I'll pull out the cores I have if you still want to do a 1969 911T, 914/6 engine.
Niklas
It is ok with a original 110 HP in a my car.
It is original a 914/4 so it is already sunky....

I know it is a USA 914/6 with the number 901/38.

The case is on freight to me in Sweden from Germany.

I already have a 911T engine in my 912.

Niklas
Series 9 PM a price for the parts.

Niklas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.