Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - lunsford case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Since we have 2 small girls, (1 & 5). The tragic news about Jessica Lunsford really hits home.

So I checked the FL sex offenders list and there are 10 fellons on the list in my zipcode.

One guy live 2 blocks up the street.

Already got the alarms, locks, and guns. What else are we supposed to do? Thank god I can work at home.
scruz914
Do the best you can to educate your daughters. This can be difficult to do without scaring them. The one year old is too young obviously but the five year old can understand some simple things to be aware of. For instance letting someone know where she is at all times, the standard 'don't talk to strangers', etc. Most importantly don't avoid discussing uncomfortable topics with them. Kids are pretty smart and can process things like this if presented correctly. There might be resources in your community that can help with this. It is very difficult for parents to hear about the crap that goes on. I too have two daughters, who are now 20 and 16. We have been lucky over the years.

-Jeff
rhodyguy
was this the girl that was taken from her bedroom? a tragic story. it's a fucked world sometimes. most kids these days don't have the freedom i did as a child. if i was gone all day the only thing my folks had to worry about was whether i might come home needing a few stitches, not making memorial plans.

k
Jake Raby
Sit on the front porch with a 12 gauge and wait on one of the Bastards to intrude.... Fill his ass full of OO buckshot and hang him from his balls in the backyard... Then invite some news crews over for a photo op...( A Marine's point of view)

Seriously- Its a sick world filled full of worthless people that should be used as moving targets for Military rifle ranges..

If we handled this type of crime he way its handled in other parts of the world we would not have these issues... All it takes is a meat cleaver and a band aid to stop the BS.

Every time I hear this kind of BS it makes me want to move further away from civilization than I already am....

The last sex offender I rmember hearing about around here was the one that was dragged through town behind a Ford Pick up about 20 years ago.... He had some road rash and a few bruises- enough to remember...

What gets me is that we still have to put this scum bag through a trial... For pete's sake he confessed! Fry his ass today and save the cost of another meal.

spunone
agree.gif
Rouser
Already got the alarms, locks, and guns. What else are we supposed to do?

Night vision goggles, high-powered telescopic sight, and a moment of opportunity.

"I dunno what happened, officer. The guy was just standin' there when all of a sudden his head pops open and he keeled over, deader than a door nail ..."
KaptKaos
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 21 2005, 07:36 AM)
Since we have 2 small girls, (1 & 5). The tragic news about Jessica Lunsford really hits home.

So I checked the FL sex offenders list and there are 10 fellons on the list in my zipcode.

One guy live 2 blocks up the street.

Already got the alarms, locks, and guns. What else are we supposed to do? Thank god I can work at home.

One thing that my wife and I learned is to teach your kids to scream FIRE and not scream help. Turns out that most people ignore a kid yelling for help because they think its their parents or sibling or something. Screaming FIRE gets everyones' attention and people will generally respond.
redshift
I'd threaten the bastards in public, put a sign out with the names on it, and SEX OFFENDERS SHOT ON SIGHT.

M

Katmanken
Ya know,

Growing up on Military bases wasn't all bad.

I could go anywhere (allowed areas only- no secure areas) any time of the day and night and thought nothing of taking a walk at 3:00 AM.

Having armed combat ready neighbors really discourages deviants ar15.gif ar15.gif

Have ya considered befriending him and taking him gator fishing?

You know, with him as bait.... happy11.gif

Ken
scottb
QUOTE (Rouser @ Mar 21 2005, 05:18 PM)

"I dunno what happened, officer.  The guy was just standin' there when all of a sudden his head pops open and he keeled over, deader than a door nail ..."

though i believe in the rule of law, when it comes to hurting kids, the larger the caliber the better..... ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
morph
If they would've put him away the first time he molested a kid, Jessica would be alive, and others wouldn't have been hurt by him. He's a monster, and should die slowly and painfully.

HIEDI
spare time toys
Here is what kills me. We have 2 reg. sex offenders at work and you cant say a thing to them. The company backs them on this because it may offend them or hurt their feelings. finger.gif No one wants to be stuck working with the scum but you have to or you will get in trouble mad.gif
MattR
Ive heard stories of cities banning the sex offenders. If you live in suburbia you might be able to take it to the city council and say you dont feel safe. You never know, if you get some worried parents on your side you might get the guy booted from your city.

or you could cut his balls off
Jamie
Archie Bunker was right-" what's wrong with society today is that we don't have enough public lynchings!"
SirAndy
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 21 2005, 06:21 PM)
or you could cut his balls off

just a word of caution (not that you guys don't know that) but being on the list of sex offenders for your city/county *does not* automatically mean you're a child molester or rapist ...

you can get on the same list for much less of an "offense", for example if you're 21 and you slept with your 17 year old girlfriend, you can very well end up on that list as well ...
another fine example of someone (at the time himself a teenager) who made it on the list ...
"One of the men grabbed a 15-year-old classmate's buttocks and was prosecuted and is now on the registry"

if in doubt about a particular person in your neighborhood, their record is public, so you might want to look them up before you cut off their balls ...

wink.gif Andy
URY914
Andy, you need to learn the American way. You cut off thier balls first, than you ask what they did.

Ya gotta be pro-active. wink.gif

Paul
MattR
lol2.gif
HotRod
I have two daughters and am going to check to registry for Virginia soon as I'm done here.

I wanted to make sure that my girls understood that there are two types of people in this world...predators, and prey.

My 9 year old will test for her black belt in Chung Do Quan, Tae Kwan Doe next month and my 5 year old just started in January. Since this is a lethal form of Tae Kwan Doe (as opposed to the sport forms, Olympic, American, etc.) they will ba able to handle themselves alright.

I think I'll start teaching them the proper use of handguns next...
URY914
This stuation happened pretty close to here so I'll fill you in on a few details that have been on the local news that is not making to the networks, or at least not yet.

1. The POS had his address registered and listed with the locals and the State. BUT, he was staying with his 1/2 sister who lived just down the street from the girl.

2. The front door was in fact unlocked. The family thinks he had checked the front door of the trailer to see if it was open or locked before in the middle of the night. When he found it unlocked that night, he went inside.

3. They do own a dog. Problem was the girl's room is right inside the front door. The dog was sleeping in the back with the g-parents. He walked in the unlocked door without making a sound, walked into the girls room, picked her up and walked out. He wasn't in the house more than a minute.

4. The father was not home. The POS saw that the father's car/truck was not there and tried the door.

All the guns in the world would not have stopped this guy. LOCKING THE FUCKING DOOR WOULD HAVE PREVENTTED IT. mad.gif
HotRod
I always lock my doors and gates...always. Keeps strangers out and avoids liability since we have three German Shepards. I figure if they want to pick the lock or break in the door, the dogs can have em...I'll call 911 and the cops can have what's left.

Just a shame about the Lundsford girl though...makes you wonder about some of the people out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.