Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tpines
Hello 914world members,

I have a friend who has a nice 914-6 he is selling. It was originally Signal Orange and is now Black. The original motor has been replaced with a 2.4 E motor that runs really well. He does not have the original motor. The car has 15×6 Fuchs which he has had refinished. It has been maintained very well and the body is as rust free as a 914 can be. He is asking 47K. If you are serious about finding a nice 914-6 you can enjoy now please give me a call. Thanks!

Clark Renner
760-670-5327
gandalf_025

Why is this here ???

Doesn't this belong in the "classifieds" ?
mepstein
I've never seen any world member ask for a finders fee shades.gif
gandalf_025
I especially liked the part where he wants 1000.00
to let you know who the "friend", owner of the car is..

I would think that would be a deal between the seller and this friend..
Not listed in the classifieds, where it isn't.
stevegm
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Feb 16 2016, 12:14 PM) *

I especially liked the part where he wants 1000.00
to let you know who the "friend", owner of the car is..

I would think that would be a deal between the seller and this friend..
Not listed in the classifieds, where it isn't.

agree.gif Should be paid from the proceeds of the sale by the seller.
JOEPROPER
I knew I recognized the name. Clark Renner is a seller of Porsches from Makellosclassics. I think I've seen his name on The Samba...
tpines
Yes I am the Sales Manager at Makellos Classics in Escondido which sells classic Porsches. My friend has a price that he would like to get and I always want to disclose if there is a finders fee. I try my best to be 100% honest in all my business and I'm sorry if I offended you all in any way. I have included it in the sales price. Thank you.

Clark
Chris914n6
How much will you add to the finders fee to post pics? I know it would require a few minutes more of your time to put the effort in.
tpines
This car is in the 914world database. Serial number 9140431245. Thanks for reminding me.

Clark
carr914
Did you used to work at Motor Shiester and picked up on their Tricks!
Cuda911
Hey, I know Clark. He's a good guy.
tpines
Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. I will only say I think you all might want to get to know someone before you make rash judgements and statements.
I'm trying to represent a friend who is selling his car and maybe because I've been in the business for only 3 months I'm a little naive. But if you knew me you would realize I'm actually trying to do the right things. I'll keep you in my prayers and Mike thanks for your kind words.

Clark
Mueller
QUOTE(tpines @ Feb 16 2016, 06:16 PM) *

Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. I will only say I think you all might want to get to know someone before you make rash judgements and statements.
I'm trying to represent a friend who is selling his car and maybe because I've been in the business for only 3 months I'm a little naive. But if you knew me you would realize I'm actually trying to do the right things. I'll keep you in my prayers and Mike thanks for your kind words.

Clark

You just came across sorta negative. I understand you need to make a buck.

Ad seems like "I know someone selling X , but you have to give me $ before I give you their number"

If you are selling the car for your friend does it really matter if the $1000 is already included in the price? Why mention it at all? It is assumed if you are selling something for someone else you will be making some money off from the transaction.

What prevents your buddy selling the car and saying the buyer wasn't a referral from you? Do you still get the $1000?

Good luck, next ad you post, don't say what your profit is. smile.gif

Nothing worse than "I just bought these Fuchs for $300, but I am selling them now for $500" ...yes, people do that!
rhodyguy
unsure.gif huh.gif where did this 1k mentioned disappear to? Edited ad? Missing link? WTF.gif GLWTS.
tpines
Thanks guys. It was an honest mistake albeit a bad one. I just felt if someone was calling me I'd let them know I was accepting a finders fee. By saying it up front in the ad I was wanting to disclose it right away.
Anyway, I try to learn from my mistakes and will factor the finders fee in from now on into the price. That's why I have already edited the ad.
I'm just as much a Porsche enthusiast as you all having got my first 914 at 19 and joining PCA at 20. I'm 50 now and have enjoyed 14 Porsches over the years including 6 914's and one Adriatic Blue 914-6 I still think about.
I joined this site 8 years to enjoy learning more about the 914.
I hope that we can all enjoy this great site and I appreciate the constructive criticism as I'm new to the business and the only way to learn is by trial and error.
Believe me I played professional golf for 6 years and made plenty of mistakes. You have to learn from them and get better!
Thanks again.

Clark
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
johnhora
Hey Clark....some of us here don't take our meds regularly or have had the funds to take a trip to Colorado recently so we get cranky...
Put up some pictures or a like to some so we can see the car.
Thanks
Andyrew
He mentioned he removed it to prevent confusion and his 1000 fee is included in the price.
sean_v8_914
Clark is a good dude. play nice. hes a 914 nut just like the rest of us. he also knows where and how to evaluate a 914 , knows where to look
sean_v8_914
and one more thing
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
tpines
Thanks Sean. Much appreciated.
I'll see if I can post some pictures.
Remember it's in the database here: 9140431245 if you want a look.
Thanks again.

Clark
sixnotfour
if this six, sells because of my post, I will accept $500..thank you
http://vintageandsportscar.com/rvsc/DIR3/D...sche_914-6.html
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 17 2016, 07:26 PM) *

if this six, sells because of my post, I will accept $500..thank you
http://vintageandsportscar.com/rvsc/DIR3/D...sche_914-6.html

lol-2.gif and the link is really for free?
tpines
Car is no longer available at this time. Thank you.

Clark
whitetwinturbo
..........where can I send the $500 now that I saw the link slap.gif ...oh it's all a joke then happy11.gif
smokey

lol-2.gif

smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.