Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motive Pressure Bleeder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello,

I would like to get a Motive Pressure Bleeder and would like to know if this fits the 914 brake fluid reservoir? Is this unit a good one?

Thanks,
Dan
Porsche Rescue
I have one and it works great. Fits the reservoir. Just follow directons printed on side of the bottle. Some 914's have a vent hose from reservoir, some don't (can't remember when change occured). If you have a vent hose, you need to plug/clamp it or you pump fluid out.
Mueller
I have one and think it's a great item...only issue with it is it would be nice if the hose rotated independantly....
solex
Thank you guys, I will order one today!
jasons
Yeah, I just got one last week. I replaced my 944 clutch slave and master. Bleeding it took me about 10 minutes. I flushed the brake lines since the bleeder was full of Ate Blue already. Those took me about 20 min. total. Definitely a useful tool.

When I did mine, I had a big bubble in the bleeder line. There was fluid getting by the bubble, but I would like to know if there is a better way to prime the line. I just hooked mine up and pumped it to 18 psi.

BTW I got mine from PP.
Works great,

-very simple, and I agree on the need for the cap line to rotate...

-pressure gauge is key also so you know when to stop pumping
ThinAir
I got one and used it to flush the brake system on my son's 75 Bus. It sure made the job easy and I ended up with the best performing brakes that have been on that Bus in the 10 years he's had it. Highly recommended!
solex
I ordered a Motive pressure bleeder from TrackHaus Monday night and got it yesterday. I have not opened the box yet but that was pretty fast shipping from MA to NY.

Thanks Again for your input!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Sammy @ Mar 21 2005, 02:47 PM)
...all you gots to do it screw the hose onto a spare 914 brake reservoir cap....

i soldered an air tool quick-disconnect onto a tire valve stem (the metal, screw-down kind) and use that to pressurise the reservoir. i have a few small air regulators available; 7-10 psi works for me. even at the track there is always compressed air available.

you do have to pay attention so the reservoir doesn't run dry. i use a small dump bottle. when it's full, it's time to stop and add more fluid...
anthony
I've been using Speed Bleeders with great success.
Kargeek
I have one and use it on my BMW's too. I bought an adapter and can use it on the Ford. The Ford dealer gets 190.00 to flush your brake fluid. Really!

I like ArtechnikA's Idea...

Now prior to having something with a pump and bottle, I took an old master cylinder reservoir cap, drilled a hole to fit a quick connect air hose fitting, used a couple of rubber and metal washers to sandwich the fitting and cap with a nut on the male threads on the air fitting. Fill the reservoir, attach the cap and using 5lbs of air pressure from your compressor and you have a poor man’s pressure bleeder. Just remember to stop and fill and watch that air pressure…

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.