Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Pertronix Ignitor module
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
adidas
Anyone have a new or good used Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module? Thanks Bill
bandjoey
http://www.pertronix.com

Love mine!
RenoRoger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 18 2016, 10:47 AM) *

And don't forget to carry a set of points. I have had three of these "wonderful" electronic units fail on me over the years.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I found mine in 2002, never a problem !!!
76-914
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Feb 18 2016, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 18 2016, 10:47 AM) *

And don't forget to carry a set of points. I have had three of these "wonderful" electronic units fail on me over the years.

You have something else going on. The only set that I trashed was from leaving the switch on. I had a set on a Ghia for over 10 yrs and 6 years on my 914. That being said I carry a spare set. If they crap out it is easier to replace them with the same. Especially on the road side w/o a dwell meter.
mgphoto
This is one of the best mods you can do to make you 914 run better. These units will be damaged if the polarity is reversed, even for a moment.
I installed my first unit in 1989 when the company was called Per-Lux, the dizzy cap had to be shaved down on the inside to accomodate the size of the original unit.
Things are a little better today as the have a specific unit to fit the 914 dizzy without modification.
Yes I keep a set of points and condenser in my tool kit but I've never had to swap them in. (I used to keep another dizzy with points in the trunk just in case, belt and braces as they say!)
Good luck,
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.