Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Wires... Went to FLAPS Got Shorted!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I asked for 2.0 wires and received Bosch part # 09171.
Installed them only to find #2 wire is real tight. #1 will work there except the plug boot is of the short kind so that won't do it plus #2 isn't long enough for #1. Called FLAPS back and they only show what they gave me for all 914 engines.

If y'all don't order the 2.0's from the BIRD (part # 10-8533-610) what do you use?

.....b wavey.gif
d914
have the same problem from ones I got at aircooled.net
nickg
912 wires work great....exact fit
Aaron Cox
i ordered 2.0 set from the bird....and got the same dopey 1,7 set
davep
I recall the 2.0 gets a set of Bug wires, so 356/912 wires should be the same.
dlo914
down here in socal there's this place called Source Auto Parts in Pasadena that sold both Bosch and some german aftermarket wires...they fit perfectly for my 1.8...prolly would have the 2.0 set as well....dunno if they ship or not...but here's their number: (626) 304-0090
Bruce Allert
Just got back from checking out the wires for a 912. They didn't match up nearly as well as the wires did for the 1.7's & 1.8's. There was 1 that was longer than the #2 lead but the rest were shorter or just as long plus, they didn't have the long plug connection needed for 2 of the plugs. I stuck with the first ones I bought & bought a long connector. I figure I can make my own #2 wire with what I have from a set of new "other" stock I found.

........b
I had the same problem for my 2.0 liter. I finally went to Sunset Porsche and bought 4 short hard plug connectors (2.0 liter tin uses 4 short connectors, not the 2 long ones) and to Baxter and bought new 7mm core wire, new distributor wire covers and made my own. Now they fit like they should and are top quality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.