Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fiber Composite Center Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dovsky
I recently made this carbon fiber composite center console for another fellow forum member. He just received it and is quite pleased with the quality and workmanship. I will ask him to post some photos of it installed in his car on this thread (once weather conditions improve in the north east).
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
stugray
Very nice!
Clean finish on all of those pieces.

I know how to make foam core CF panels similar to that, but how did you get the nice rounded edges on the side panels?
ntlgnt1
That looks terrific!
dovsky
QUOTE(stugray @ Feb 17 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Very nice!
Clean finish on all of those pieces.

I know how to make foam core CF panels similar to that, but how did you get the nice rounded edges on the side panels?

I used a 2-part epoxy putty compound, which I died black during mixing. Once harden, I sanded the edges to the desired shape.
Click to view attachment
Valy
Beautiful!
Coondog
Gotta put this on my wish list. smile.gif
r_towle
for those of us with huge feet it may be nice to turn in that driver side like it is on the stock console.
Every little bit of room down there helps.

rich
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(dovsky @ Feb 17 2016, 12:18 PM) *

I recently made this carbon fiber composite center console for another fellow forum member. He just received it and is quite pleased with the quality and workmanship. I will ask him to post some photos of it installed in his car on this thread (once weather conditions improve in the north east).
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

wow that is nice. clean looking
flmont
How much os the question,..???
bandjoey
WOWOWOWOW!
Great Work..
dovsky
Thank you all for your comments. The price is $499 + $60 shipping to anywhere in the EU and continental USA. Lead-time is 2-3 weeks + shipping time, which is usually <2 weeks. It includes the standard 65mmX3 hole pattern to fit the OEM gauges with their rubber rings. We can also supply the console either a blank or a custom hole pattern (price will vary slightly depending on your choice). Finish options are Satin (shown above) or High-Gloss.

Example of a custom Front Panel:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

For more information, including product specs visit: http://www.compositedimensions.com/porsche...onsole-assembly

Questions are welcome.
Dov
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif
altitude411
Could you do a Spread Tow Carbon? How much $ ?
dovsky
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Feb 19 2016, 01:19 AM) *

Could you do a Spread Tow Carbon? How much $ ?

Yes we can, though the cost of these fabrics tend to be about 50% higher vs. traditional 3K 2/2 twill woven fabrics. So the price of the console would go up accordingly. Spread Tow fabrics are mostly used for aerospace applications (i.e.: airplane wings) due to their excellent flatness and strength characteristics. We can make panels using 15mm or 25mm plain 12K weave spread-tow (pattern resembles a chess board), or 15mm 12K 2/2 twill, wich is the same pattern as the more traditional fabrics but ~10X larger in appearance.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(dovsky @ Feb 18 2016, 11:39 AM) *

Thank you all for your comments. The price is $499 + $60 shipping to anywhere in the EU and continental USA. Lead-time is 2-3 weeks + shipping time, which is usually <2 weeks. It includes the standard 65mmX3 hole pattern to fit the OEM gauges with their rubber rings. We can also supply the console either a blank or a custom hole pattern (price will vary slightly depending on your choice). Finish options are Satin (shown above) or High-Gloss.

Example of a custom Front Panel:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

For more information, including product specs visit: http://www.compositedimensions.com/porsche...onsole-assembly

Questions are welcome.
Dov

Looking over your web site, wow I don't know what others are doing in different countries, I travel all over the US and I when I run across a GEARHEAD from another land I pick their brain and see how they do it.. Can't afforded it but WOW what products you have
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
gothspeed
Wow! smilie_pokal.gif
Coondog

There website has been down for sometime. Hope there still around, they made some pretty cool mods.
sb914
I'd love to have one to match my dash.
Along with a lower cf dash pad aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 15 2018, 07:30 PM) *

I was thinking the same Eddy...thats a bad ass console.

beerchug.gif

Oscar
gothspeed
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 15 2018, 07:30 PM) *

Wow! where did that dash come from? smile.gif
1adam12
Surprised to see you guys finally posting up here. I've had your website saved to my favorites for months now. Very beautiful products! Here's there website info on 914 products they have produced so far. https://www.compositedimensions.com/gallery
Shipping from Israel has to be pretty expensive. Maybe someone will step up and become a North American distributor for them here.
gothspeed
QUOTE(1adam12 @ Feb 16 2018, 08:22 AM) *

Surprised to see you guys finally posting up here. I've had your website saved to my favorites for months now. Very beautiful products! Here's there website info on 914 products they have produced so far. https://www.compositedimensions.com/gallery
Shipping from Israel has to be pretty expensive. Maybe someone will step up and become a North American distributor for them here.

Nice stuff! smile.gif
Mowog4
QUOTE(1adam12 @ Feb 16 2018, 09:22 AM) *

Dov did a custom gauge panel for me, and I just ordered a CF Floorboard. They do great work and the shipping was reasonable.Click to view attachment
gothspeed
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:21 AM) *

Dov did a custom gauge panel for me, and I just ordered a CF Floorboard. They do great work and the shipping was reasonable.Click to view attachment

Looks awesome! Now you have to describe your gauge setup! smilie_pokal.gif
914forme
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 19 2018, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:21 AM) *

Looks awesome! Now you have to describe your gauge setup! smilie_pokal.gif

Speedhut, common on conversion cars. Quad Gauge contains, fuel level, oil pressure, water temperature, voltage. Tach and the Speedo could be a GPS speedo, or electric pickup. They make some nice stuff at reasonable prices. I know what goes into making custom gauges.

To go back on topic, nice carbon work, I never run consoles as my feet are triple wides. Just no room for them with normal shoes on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.