Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hard to find parts - try these guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
In my quest for many of the missing parts on my 914-6 conversion project, I have used RetroAutomotive Products out of New Hamshire with great success. They mostly sell through Ebay, but can be contacted directly as well.
I've been working with Roger most of the time.

Without exception, every part I've ordered from them is the right part and in great shape as well.

Some examples of what I've found through them include:
914-6 oil tank filler neck clamp
fresh air distribution box that was in incredible shape
little brush sealing slots that the headlight arms run through
horn ring for my 71 steering wheel
and on and on

When no one else had these parts, RetroAutomotive did.
Just my experience of course.
Wonder if anyone else on this site has used these people as well?

I have a 2.4MFI motor going into my conversion.
I'm sure I'll be contacting them for some of these parts as well.
flyer86d
I'll second that. Retro Automotive has a warehouse that it a floor of an old textile mill building in Claremont, NH. It is filled with Porsche parts from all Years and models that are on shelves and organized by model and part type. The parts range from body and driveline parts to the small bits, clips, vent grills and knobs from the interior. My last visit was two weeks ago and they have recently obtained what must be two container loads of 914 parts. They generally buy up parts hoards so most of the parts are used. What they sell on e-bay is stuff that they have had refurbished. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time that I have been through the place. Oh, and their pricing is fair.

Charlie
74ravenna
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Feb 18 2016, 05:40 AM) *

I'll second that. Retro Automotive has a warehouse that it a floor of an old textile mill building in Claremont, NH. It is filled with Porsche parts from all Years and models that are on shelves and organized by model and part type. The parts range from body and driveline parts to the small bits, clips, vent grills and knobs from the interior. My last visit was two weeks ago and they have recently obtained what must be two container loads of 914 parts. They generally buy up parts hoards so most of the parts are used. What they sell on e-bay is stuff that they have had refurbished. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time that I have been through the place. Oh, and their pricing is fair.

Charlie

Wow! Good to know. Looks like I'll be taking a vacation day soon and be making a road trip.

Thanks for the lead.

Steve
wndsnd
They are a great resource. I use them regularly.
gandalf_025
After 3 attempts to buy a rust free hood for my car,
I found these guys.
Drove there and they had about 30 used hoods. They
let me pick through all of them and even gave me a rag and some
cleaner so I could wipe dust and dirt off to get a better look.
Price was fair also.. Good people to deal with....
Good size Warehouse also..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.