Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am Team NARP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 Ranch
This is how Team NARP came about. It started out with the server here going out. Happened once in a while during the early days here (in 04 as I recall) when Howard put up a website to give us a place to go when this site went down. It looked to be a site for NASCAR but we liked the idea of a place to go when this site was down. Apparently our favorite site was no more dependable than our cars. (In the early days some of us parked our cars pointed down hill so we could be sure to be able to leave the events we attended.)
I had heard a rumor that James ( Red Beard ) was going to move to Texas. He was rebuilding our transmissions here in So Cal. Mike ( before he was Evil ) was James's understudy. I believe that it was planned that Mike do trainees after James left.
Mike was coming to Huntington Beach to do a trainee for a friend here and I went to watch. I liked it so much that it put me to thinking about doing a group transmission rebuild as 5 or 6 people had told me they needed a transmission that needed to be rebuilt.
Howard showed up early that day to help with set up and he and Thomas assembled the new Bar-B-Q. We didn't know it at that time, but it was the first Team NARP gathering and the first transmission seminar.
The next major one was for the Team Trailer. The trailer has a 32" by 10" side that was a blank canvas and was in need of a logo. Well, we had been using the NARP word on the 914 boards sense before I had joined the groups but I had not even thought of it. I asked Howard about his web site and Team NARP and showed him what I thought I would put that on the side of the trailer. I had drawn up a sing that said Team Sharp, when Howard saw it he put his hand over the S and the top of the h and showed me narp. Then he told me I already was Team NARP.
Thank you Howard.
I am sorry that I have been absent from this board for so long, my move here has not been as fluid as I had hoped it would have been. I'm still trying to make my house a home but I am making progress despite all of the set backs.
Hard to believe we're up to 20,000 members. Once upon a time I knew almost all of the members here.

Thank you Andy.

Joe Sharp

From The 914 Ranch

EdwardBlume
Great backstory. Here's to those who have gone before us, are here now, and will be in the future....
blackmoon
Welcome back piratenanner.gif
Ferg
Hi Joe bye1.gif
McMark
Thanks for posting that Joe!

I know how moving goes! Another 6 months or so and I'll have all the boxes unpacked. wacko.gif
bernbomb914
Hi Joe I know how you feel Hooray for the olden days
J P Stein
We're still vertical, eh Joe?
Well done.
VegasRacer
Hi Honey. bye1.gif
76-914
So now that you've "broken the ice" can we expect to see you here more often now Joe? Looking forward to some of your insight. beerchug.gif Kent
shoguneagle
Who is the new "kid"? Does he know 914s? LOL!!! WELCOME BACK!!
Steve
Welcome back Joe!! Definitely miss your barbecues and get togethers at your house.
whitetwinturbo
drunk.gif ........welcome back!
r_towle
thanks for dropping by, I hope things get smoother over time from your major move.

At least its warmer...well, at least its more humid...
Well, at least there are more hotties your age hanging around....

Rich
montoya 73 2.0
Good to see you back Joe, The last time I saw you was back at WCR 2010 Lake Tahoe (I think).

"Handing out Cazadores shots!"

Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
jsharp.gif
HI Joe
Mueller
Hi Joe.....welcome back!

I think of Howard every time I pay my insurance bill, we are still using the company he used to own/manage.
Millerwelds
thanks for the hiSTORY. Good to see you back on here. I too met you in Tahoe and still appreciate your generosity. smoke.gif
brant
Miss you Joe!
hope to see you again soon
and Hope your doing well
really great to see you post this!!
914_teener
Hey Joe.

Glad to hear from ya.

Miss ya out here.
914 Ranch
Thanks guys, this board has always been a pleasure for me as 914 people tend to be Unique.
bulitt
Redshift coming back next blink.gif
SLITS
Hi Honey ..... from TeamNARP Entertainment Advisor/Facilitator ...............

RedShift is lost in time due to his exceeding the speed of light.
Robert21
driving.gif Glad to see you . might be going out your way this year Click to view attachment
Robert21
biggrin.gif Good times
carr914
Joe, where are you hanging your hat these days?

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Did I say unique…
More gas from the past.
We had a blast in that driveway. I don't remember which gathering that frist one is from but the second one is from The Toys For Tots. Thanks Robert. I'll PM you a way to get a hold of me for when you come down here.
I bought a house in Lake Co on a little lake. Got about 1 and a half acers with the half acer in forest about 4 miles east of 44 and the St. Johns River.

Click to view attachment

914 content.
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Looks like a slice of heaven. Congrats!
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif assimilate.gif
JRust
We need Neverland at WCR this year Joe. Just a short drive & you are here confused24.gif . Okay that is a huge drive. We miss you at these events Joe. Hope the weather in Florida is treating you right. Good to see you back piratenanner.gif
JRust
Oops dbl post
Mike D.
Still rock'in my Team NARP sticker on the back of my 914!

I get asked about it every once in a while...
National Assoc. of Retired Persons - is usually the assumption. lol-2.gif
914 Ranch
Thanks a bunch guys.
Carerror is here Mike. I am hoping to have some fun with her here. She has just a little more than 100 laps on her.

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
Love and miss ya Joe! Aoouuugh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.