Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 TOOL BAG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
msglaigaie
I have been lurking for quite a while and this will be my first post. You all seem to be very learned 914 people so I think I'm in the right place. What exactly came in the standard issue '74 914-4 tool bag?? What did the bag itself look like?? I have seen the kit for the sixes in concours, but never a 16-4. I have looked in manuals and books but no tools. Can you Help me??
By the way, I'm glad to be here.
MSG L
TJB/914
Welcome WSG-L

I am surprised no one has welcomed you yet. I guess the left coast people forgot to wake up.

If no one posts the info. I will dig out my 1974 tool bag and take a picture. Hopefully someone will do it before I go out in the cold garage. I've been hording these tools for some time and have quite a few spares in my goodie bag.

When the price hits $100 mine will be up for sale. If you think this is expensive take a look at 356 tools. Prices start @ $1000 bucks & up. These are the things I look for at swap meets. I have a secrete list of buy things and tools are on the list.

Tom
dlo914
QUOTE (msglaigaie @ Mar 21 2005, 11:27 AM)
You all seem to be very " learned " 914 people so I think I'm in the right place.

imma get my learn on! aktion035.gif mueba.gif clap.gif hehe jks....welcome to the club wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Welcome Dan...

Be sure to look up your local 914 club members...there is a bunch of them...

The 1974 tool bag contains (if memory serves me)

Plastic bag
Spark plug wrench
Steel rod (for spark plug wrench)
10/13mm open end wrench
Double ended screwdriver and handle
Wire hubcap removal tool (why...? no 1974 914 had hubcaps...)
Tow eye

I have seen differing lists of what is included FWIW, not everyone agrees.

Get the Johnson book on 914 restorations...

msglaigaie
Thanks for the greet. I did get a message from one of the local guys (seattle). He told me of a run coming up in the near future. cool.
The tool list looks great, thanks. I could use that photo, but don't go out there (garage) until it gets warmer. I have most of what was on the list, but I would like a complete set. I am NOT a concours kinda guy. You can tell by looking at the Batmobile (74 2.0 with other stuff on it). Thanks again for the help. You will hear from me again.
MSG L

Oh yeah, the last post was my first, but I did not see it in the garage. I found it by accident in "my controls". Am I doing something wrong??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.