Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for sale etiquette
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
if i want to sell many items should I have a post for each part or one post for a bunch of parts?
StratPlayer
I would do one post with a bunch of parts
sb914
I would pm me first with all the good parts shades.gif
Mikey914
Probably easier to wrangle them all on one thread. There are a few that do this in the classifieds. Seems to be easier to find send update.
tweet
If you have A LOT of parts, you can group several parts into one ad and then create numerous ads. But, it is not necessary to create a single ad for a single part. You can also go back and edit your original ads to add and delete parts as they sell.
ThePaintedMan
I try to do multiple parts in one post/ad, but unfortunately I think that often people are only scanning the titles, or do not use the search function. Therefore, it's easier to get things sold when using individual ads. If I had more than 3-4 things to sell at a time though, I'd still try to consolidate it into one ad, mostly so I don't piss you guys off. wub.gif
naro914
Post separate ads that 'group' them together - like "lots of interior parts" or "suspension parts". As George noted, most people are lazy and skim the titles (I do) and if they see "lots of parts for sale" they may not even look. Yes, I'm lazy. I take 1 minute, skim through titles to see if there's anything I need, and move on. I think many others are the same? (or am I the odd one...???)_
rhodyguy
Like parts multiple ads. Make it easier on yourself.
RickS
QUOTE(naro914 @ Feb 20 2016, 06:49 AM) *

Post separate ads that 'group' them together - like "lots of interior parts" or "suspension parts". As George noted, most people are lazy and skim the titles (I do) and if they see "lots of parts for sale" they may not even look. Yes, I'm lazy. I take 1 minute, skim through titles to see if there's anything I need, and move on. I think many others are the same? (or am I the odd one...???)_

+1
JRust
I do hate to see 5 different adds from the same person. All for a single item. They should be consolidated as mentioned. It's done to have multiple adds if you have multiple items grouped together. Just be able to list them in the title
PanelBilly
Just post a tease in the garage section and make us beg for the list!
TheCabinetmaker
From the classified rules section. All sellers should read the rules.

"- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread."
r_towle
Seems to me if you have a large list of parts, just list them with a price next to each item, and keep updating that first threat and cross off items as you sell them.

I think too many pics will make the thread take forever to load.
Small items do not need a picture, we all know what it looks like.

Visual things, wheels, interior, chrome, those all require pics because we will see them on the car if we buy them.

Otherwise, call Adam and sell it all in one lump pile....simpler.

If you get a lot of push back with everyone asking for pictures and then not buying..( not that it ever happens here) please host all the pics on some picture site and provide a link, instead of a thread that takes up tons of bandwidth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.