Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: explanation and discussion on engine building
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
found this post and was encouraged. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=21651&hl=

i'm now at the same point putting a euro piston 2.0L d-jet motor together and need the wisdom of the 914 club board (jake, brad, dave...).

i am a first timer at cc'ing heads (i made another post about that) and think i did an OK job, at least, one that i'm going with. all my chambers are about 61-62 cc's like joes in the above referenced post. smile.gif

i measured the deck height and got .03" .03" .035" and .04" (by the way, for a novice, it would have been nice to put inches or mm on the numbers, i didn't know if i was way off or .......)

from what i've learned, i will but the base gaskets on (above done w/o) to give a little more deck.

what's the CR? (stock crank, 71mm)

any other comments? (i'd like to lap the cylinders in the heads tomorrow idea.gif )
Mueller
8.4 according to this site:

Engine calculator
nebreitling
i'd run a min. of .040 deckheight and then flycut the heads as necessary to achieve an 8.5:1 ratio.
Jake Raby
What cam did you run??? 8.0 is the max I would ever go with the stock cam......
nebreitling
try to get the DH between cylinders a little more even, too.

.010" is a lot of variance.

i've got 049, 049, 049, 050 on 50cc fly-cut heads.

toss the head gasket and shim up if you need to, of course.

listen to jake 'bout the cam

(disclaimer: still learning this stuff myself; YMMV)
type47
many thanks for the replies clap.gif

Jake: cam is stock. thanks for your advice

i'll remeasure tomorrow.

thanks for the engine calc link. if i deck at .055 w/61cc the CR is 8.1. is that still too much for a stock cam?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.