Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whitey Finally Get's Some Love
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Outside of a basic "idle warm up" every few weeks my 76 hasn't seen the road, much less attended to, since Kugel came to life. I decided it was time for a check up. I moved it to the lift and noticed a puddle of gas where it had previously sat and it was dripping from beneath the tank. It didn't drip while I adjusted the valves so I figured it was on the pressure side. Look what I found. Time to pull the tank. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Funny thing about the lift. When adjusting the valves "this time" I quickly realized that all of my tricks were based upon me laying on the ground. Had to re-learn a my approach. mad.gif Now check out this air filter. WTF.gif Is this abuse, neglect or some foreign muck sucked in?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Get rid of ALL the braided hoses. 75-76 had smooth high pressure hoses on them.
Bob L.
looks like you grew some mold there.
Mueller
Yuck, on the plus side, no mouse poop!
altitude411
icon8.gif barf.gif
76-914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 18 2016, 03:03 PM) *

Absotutely. It's time to do all of them. I'd already done SS lines and the injector elbows and engine compartment with R30. beerchug.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 18 2016, 03:03 PM) *

Not my '75 1.8, unless somebody back-dated them along the way. I don't think so, since they all looked about 40 years old.
914Sixer
I am not sure about the 1.8 but 2.0 had smooth hoses. The crossover fuel hose even had a plastic sheath on it for protection.
76-914
Well whichever it is, it's my own damned fault. I remember reading here that those lines are a no-no on fuel but when I originally replaced those I was butt dumb about this. And later when I read about the cloth covered lines I had completely forgotten I installed those lines. In pleading my case I can prove how green I was at that time: those hoses came from AA wacko.gif shades.gif av-943.gif .
76-914
So the tank is out and hoses will be ordered tonight.

Click to view attachment

And since these springs were sagging and I had some good ones left over from Kugel's conversion, I decided to change these out as well. I know this has been covered here before but my "search" abilities suck so this is how I attacked it. A triangular piece of 1/2" plywood, a piece of metal for a scuff late and a large screwdriver.

Click to view attachment

Then 1,2,3 and it's off

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.