Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now ready to A-X!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Today I have the day off, so I shifted the battery to the rear trunk. Made a 'strap' out of aluminum, bent it into place, pound with hammer a few times, drilled 2 holes; one through the trunk-firewall and the other into where the shock-tower/coilover is. My strap is C-shaped... only way I could think of doing it to keep the jack in the back. Most of my time was spent trying to get a wrench up into the shock-tower area to hold it, while i turned the bolt on the top. I made sure there was enough clearence and there is. It's all fine and randy.

Also adjusted the clutch cable (while i was down there). Saturday I installed a tunacan oil baffle. At the upcoming A-X in April I should be all ready to school Aaron lol2.gif Now all that's left is to re-attach my remote oil cooler, install my compufire... maybe a new windshield? And of course the last-minute stuff: swap to my steelie wheelies, remove passenger seat, re-install stock driver's seat and I'm ready to race.

burnout.gifburnout.gif
burnout.gifburnout.gif
Joe Ricard
Obviously not running SCCA Autocross because removing the pass seat put you in Prepared. You don't want to go there. Leave the seat and let someone ride with for the sheer thrill of hearing them scream. Slow down, Holy shit, DAmn, or "this is so cool" (my personal favorite) rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.