Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Firewall Shift Bushing, (for install of late Side Shift Trans. Conversion into early vehicle)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dflesburg
WTB: Firewall Shift Bushing, (for install of late Side Shift Trans. Conversion into early vehicle)
BeatNavy
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Feb 19 2016, 02:36 PM) *

WTB: Firewall Shift Bushing, (for install of late Side Shift Trans. Conversion into early vehicle)

This is what you want. I looked for the "cheap one" that Pelican used to sell, but this one is much better:

http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm (shift rod bushing). As with all of Racer Chris' products he provides excellent instructions and support.
Mblizzard
I replaced mine with Chirs's version and it was the best improvement for shifting I ever made. Chris makes the best stuff. Buy it it will save you a lot of work later!
euro911
I also installed one of Chris's spherical firewall bushings, but mine was in a 75. However, a PO had converted the car to a tail shifter and buggered up the original bushing orifice so badly an OEM bushing wouldn't even fit.

One of the best upgrades I've done to the car cool_shades.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 20 2016, 11:11 AM) *

I replaced mine with Chirs's version and it was the best improvement for shifting I ever made. Chris makes the best stuff. Buy it it will save you a lot of work later!

Just fitted one ,a very nicely made part....only way to go, the original one even new is a sloppy fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.