Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How not to do a SIX conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
Looks nice.. I wonder what he will do to keep his beer cold, since the battery is in the fridge..
rhodyguy
he should have waited for title-in-hand before submitting his car-for-auction. buy the car and he'll do the paper work? dry.gif just a roller.

k
ArtechnikA
it's like the pilot episode of Star Trek ("The Cage") where the Talosians had no idea what a human was supposed to look like...
CptTripps
I saw that one this morning...just had to laugh.

My favorite is the plexiglass that is screwed into the sheet-metal.
Joe Bob
Uncle Zak has been around....real character....coming from me...might not sound so gud.... dry.gif

He does a lot of stuff on the Sky Ratboard.....
MarkG
What's with the Ferrari Mondial air scoops on the side.......
Brando
Is it a Lambo or a 914?? wacko.gif

Cut up the rear trunk to fit a 2.7?? screwy.gif

With the right parts, no cutting would have been necessary. Welding maybe (for engine mounts), but no cutting the trunk or firewall... or the sails... barf.gif
SLITS
Howie.....Hey Howie......you know you gotta have this....It's Moby's bastard son.....and you already have the sixer.....Howie....Oh Howie.........
redshift
Mid-engined TR-8?

CptTripps
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Mar 21 2005, 07:01 PM)
Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6430

I love the converted cooler that's now holding the battery...great stuff.

Maybe we should all chip in, get this car, add it to this one...

user posted image

And make 'the worlds worst 914'

physician
despite thje mechanical stuff.. and the side vents..

look good to me, i like the lean back windshield, or cut.. what you guys think?

Kerrys914
We need to start a WALL OF SHAME thread and save these photos.

screwy.gif
skline
That car was on the Bay about a month or so ago. I did a PPI on it since it was right down the street from me. The car is a parts car and he paid 2k for it on Ebay. He is keeping the wheels which is about the only thing on that car that was any good. It came with a bunch of parts for the conversion but he isnt selling them with the car. He has seperate auctions for them. Howard was interested in this car until I found all the rust in the longs. It did have a nice rear bumper that was chrome underneath. It also had a nice set of rear euro lenses. The top was a total hack job and the interior was actually real leather but was dried up and cracking. The outside paint looked good but the car sat in this guys shop for over 10 years and with crap falling on it and stuff, it didnt look so good anymore. Howard had it pegged at 2k for the car when it came with all of the extra stuff but now they guy is selling something that is maybe a 3 or 400 dollar cut up car for parts. Just my opinion.
djm914-6
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Mar 22 2005, 07:20 AM)
We need to start a WALL OF SHAME thread and save these photos.

screwy.gif

Great idea. Maybe not eben a thread, but just a gallery. A couple of sites I uded to like was Poseur.4X4.org and riceboypage.com. Both had great galleries, but I'm sure are no longer around. Anyway, I think a 914 or even all Porsche "Hall of Flame" would be great...

Ohhh AAANNNNDDDYYYY!!!!!!
djm914-6
And another thought... a Ferrari Mondial would be much more expensive than converting a 914 too look like one...
user posted image
Root_Werks
Looks like it had a CIS engine in it at one time? Parts car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.