Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 in Bahia Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Briby37
Unfortunately, the time has come to sell my Bahia Red 1974 2.0 (VIN: 4742906564). As we all know, life situations change, and we need to make tough decisions. This is one of those.

Pictures (Link is not good for mobile. More to be added this weekend, and any can be taken upon request, though I do not have a lift). Some of the pictures there have additional information within them. Just click a photo, and if you see little white markers on the image, you can click them to see more info, videos, etc.

Some thoughts on my 914 journey are here, if you're curious.

I bought the 914 about a year ago from John Forbes at Black Forest Racing. It was a restoration that was started and never finished. John basically reassembled all of the parts he had plus a few touches that I wanted added (Bilsteins in the rear, tartan inserts, etc.). The car was delivered, and still needed some work. So I've spent the last year enjoying the car while getting fresh brakes, an EVO IV Silencer, turbo tie rods, a new radio, and tamping down as many of the little gremlins as I could (work was done by Rich Bontempi and Dave Modderman).

I've loved the car as much as I could. But it's time for it to go to someone that can really enjoy it. The car came with 4,385 on the odometer, and now has 4,500. It fires up with the help of a 911 starter, it runs great, sounds great, and looks great.

The Good
-Clean CA title in my name (non-op odometer) - Car is located in San Jose, CA.

-I can't see any rust, though it may be there somewhere. Hell hole is solid. Passes the bounce test.

-No accident evidence

-Runs great - D-Jet, no leaks

-EVO IV silencer from Tangerine Racing

-Red tartan inserts

-New seatbelts from Seatbelt Planet (I have the originals, I think)

-SS heat exchangers

-Turbo tie rods

-Bilsteins in the rear

-4 lug Fuchs (polished)

-Backpad, appearance group gauge cluster, and center storage reupholstered

-Dash is in good shape - no cracks.

-Full build list from Black Forest Racing . And I can provide receipts of all other work done.

The Not As Good
-Paint is a 10 footer. I've shined it up as best I can. You will find bubbles in the driver's side front hood, and a repaired rust spot on the driver's side front quarter panel. But they are small. Color is correct, but the paint is not original.

-Bright work isn't great. They are 10 footers like the paint.

-The roof paint (or whatever that finish is) is not perfect, but serviceable.

-Speedometer and Odometer need to be calibrated, but work.

-Fit and finish is some parts isn't perfect, especially on the interior, but that's fairly knit picky, IMO

All in all, I think this is a platform for a full factory restoration, autocross machine, or just to be enjoyed as is.

Asking price: $17,000 but am happy to listen to reasonable offers from The World. PM me with any questions you may have. All PPIs, etc. welcome. bkbagel@gmail.com

It's been a fun journey, and I'm sure I'll be back one day.
liebe
QUOTE(Briby37 @ Feb 20 2016, 05:17 PM) *

Unfortunately, the time has come to sell my Bahia Red 1974 2.0 (VIN: 4742906564). As we all know, life situations change, and we need to make tough decisions. This is one of those.

Pictures (Link is not good for mobile. More to be added this weekend, and any can be taken upon request, though I do not have a lift). Some of the pictures there have additional information within them. Just click a photo, and if you see little white markers on the image, you can click them to see more info, videos, etc.

Some thoughts on my 914 journey are here, if you're curious.

I bought the 914 about a year ago from John Forbes at Black Forest Racing. It was a restoration that was started and never finished. John basically reassembled all of the parts he had plus a few touches that I wanted added (Bilsteins in the rear, tartan inserts, etc.). The car was delivered, and still needed some work. So I've spent the last year enjoying the car while getting fresh brakes, an EVO IV Silencer, turbo tie rods, a new radio, and tamping down as many of the little gremlins as I could.

I've loved the car as much as I could. But it's time for it to go to someone that can really enjoy it. The car came with 4,385 on the odometer, and now has 4,500. It fires up with the help of a 911 starter, it runs great, sounds great, and looks great.

The Good
-Clean CA title in my name (non-op odometer) - Car is located in San Jose, CA.

-I can't see any rust, though it may be there somewhere. Hell hole is solid. Passes the bounce test.

-No accident evidence

-Runs great - D-Jet, no leaks

-EVO IV silencer from Tangerine Racing

-Red tartan inserts

-New seatbelts from Seatbelt Planet (I have the originals, I think)

-SS heat exchangers

-Turbo tie rods

-Bilsteins in the rear

-4 lug Fuchs (polished)

-Backpad, appearance group gauge cluster, and center storage reupholstered

-Dash is in good shape - no cracks.

-Full build list from Black Forest Racing . And I can provide receipts of all other work done.

The Not As Good
-Paint is a 10 footer. I've shined it up as best I can. You will find bubbles in the driver's side front hood, and a repaired rust spot on the driver's side front quarter panel. But they are small. Color is correct, but the paint is not original.

-Bright work isn't great. They are 10 footers like the paint.

-The roof paint (or whatever that finish is) should be redone.

-Speedometer and Odometer need to be calibrated, but work.

-Fit and finish is some parts isn't perfect, especially on the interior, but that's fairly knit picky, IMO

All in all, I think this is a platform for a full factory restoration, autocross machine, or just to be enjoyed as is.

Asking price: $17,000 but am happy to listen to reasonable offers from The World. PM me with any questions you may have. All PPIs, etc. welcome.

It's been a fun journey, and I'm sure I'll be back one day.

Car looks very good, GLWS, priced very good too
Briby37
Thanks for the kind words. I've added some photos of the typically desired spots to the link in the OP.
Briby37
The car is still available. Would love to see it go to a fellow World member!
914time
Very nice!

Agreed, price is fair.
Briby37
Sale is pending. Will update early next week. Thank you to everyone that's chimed in and helped out. I will miss such a genuinely helpful bunch!
Briby37
Car is back on the market. First one who can close the sale gets it!
Briby37
Car is sold! Thanks again to everyone for all of the help over my ownership period! Such an awesome group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.