Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Started on thr Ferrari style lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I figured since Im going to detail out the 928 engine why hide it. One of the wheels at work came out in his new Ferrari and it had the see through engine lid. So if they can do it so can I cool_shades.gif It will be made of 1/4 inch lexan. I am going to open the center all the way up and run a 1/4 in. square tube acrost where the lid makes the step for the grill . Other than that it will be see through with a couple of oblong holes for ventting. Ill post more as I go.
xsboost90
cool idea, ill do that too!...no but cool idea.
iiibdsiil
I thought about this a while ago. Take a lot of pictures, then we can all copy you. smile.gif
machina
Larry,

How light does that frame get when its all cut away? Could you weigh it?

Been thinking about doing that for the racecar (to cover with mesh)

What did you cut it with BTW?
spare time toys
cut it out with a plasma cutter. The frame is about 3 pounds all cut out. Ill put it on a scale when it is ready to put the lexan on.
Jeroen
If you cut out the reinforcements, you'll save a lot of weight (well... relative to the original weight of the lid biggrin.gif)
I did mine with a stretch metal grille
user posted image
user posted image
It's really light (can weigh it for ya if you like)
spare time toys
Got the center brace in. It is all of 4 pounds total so far smile.gif This thing had yellow, red, blue and white paint on it with primer betweene each layer wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.