914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
SEMA had a Datsun (ratsun) with a full Miata drivetrain & suspension. It was impressive work.
ConeDodger
I was the only Porsche there. Gathered quite a crowd for a while too...
Tom_T
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2016, 02:46 PM) *

Well then Rob, you'd better post a pic of yours, before you get moved to the Sandbox! laugh.gif

Nice Boss 302 in the first pic - don't see those much anymore!
...except at classic 'Stang events.

Did that 67-69 Datsun pick-up have a trick engine in it, or all stock? confused24.gif

My complaint about the C-&-C's is the dang early times, when weekends are my days to sleep in a bit! ....even then I'm always up way late the night before - usually working on stuff! Same thing with the dang Concours events, & with longer drive times to them.
gint2.gif yawn.gif coffee.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 22 2016, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2016, 02:46 PM) *

Well then Rob, you'd better post a pic of yours, before you get moved to the Sandbox! laugh.gif

Nice Boss 302 in the first pic - don't see those much anymore!
...except at classic 'Stang events.

Did that 67-69 Datsun pick-up have a trick engine in it, or all stock? confused24.gif

My complaint about the C-&-C's is the dang early times, when weekends are my days to sleep in a bit! ....even then I'm always up way late the night before - usually working on stuff! Same thing with the dang Concours events, & with longer drive times to them.
gint2.gif yawn.gif coffee.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom,
This C&C had a 0900 start time. The Datsun was stockish. I took lots of pics but for some reason, most of them exceed the size limit for the site. Including the one of my car! blink.gif
EdwardBlume
I dated a girl with a D truck like that. She was a hickey monster!
mgp4591
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2016, 02:24 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Someone stole the Shaker off the Boss 302!! mad.gif hissyfit.gif
Tom_T
mgp - A lot of the 'Stang guys I know will remove the shaker & similar items which can be purloined at car events for safe-keeping.

Rob - I think you can resize them with some of the photo programs, fairly straightforward on most.

9 am I could live with. For the C&C here in Irvine at it's peak you had to get out there at 5:30-6 am to get a spot due to growing from typically 400-1000+ at the old Ford/Del Taco HQs, even with an official 7-8 am start. The current ones are now split into 4 or more locations: Carlsbad, Tustin & Aliso Viejo & Long Beach - so not quite so bad to get a spot.

IIRC the I-4 on that era pick-up was the same as in their sedans of the time, but detuned a smidge, & since the truck was lighter - it was about as spritely .... for 60's Japanese pick-up anyway!

RobW - My buddy with that near perfect OO 71 914/4 got a next gen Datsoon pick-up for his DD after a year of two DD'ing his 71, then the 914 didn't come out to play except a few weekends - he even rolled it in & out to wash once a month or so, & after his dates got to about the 3rd or 4th date & looked like a "keeper" - including both wives - current & ex! Ergo, it's still got about 61k verifiable miles & runs - he lives in NoVA now though - so 1/2 year use vs. 12 months in SoCal.

Cannot & will not speak as to "hickey monster" though!!! blink.gif laugh.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.