Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Tie rod tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Shadowfax
Anyone have the tie rod removal tool they could loan or sell me? Click to view attachment
mepstein
If I can find mine I'd like to sell it. I work at a shop and the guys have so many tools that I'll never use this tool. Let me look tonight and if I find it I can priority ship tomorrow. Same way I got mine and the envelope only cost a couple dollars.
Shadowfax
Sounds good. Thanks very much. aktion035.gif
db9146
If you are intending on using this tool on the Turbo Tie Rod ends from a 930 or such, the tool I purchased as part of the GB here did not fit....it was too shallow. Maybe it was just mine....

The top and bottom tabs need to extend out further from the handle. Imagine the "round" shape that would fit the tool as it is and you'll see what I mean.
mepstein
Found it. If you want to buy it, PayPal $20 to mark@markepstein.net and I'll send it out tomorrow.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 21 2016, 07:34 PM) *

If you are intending on using this tool on the Turbo Tie Rod ends from a 930 or such, the tool I purchased as part of the GB here did not fit....it was too shallow. Maybe it was just mine....

The top and bottom tabs need to extend out further from the handle. Imagine the "round" shape that would fit the tool as it is and you'll see what I mean.

Gonna use it to remove the old one. Thanks for the heads up though. I have a 32 mm thin wrench that I use for fan clutches on my BMWs - should work perfectly for the new tie rods.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 21 2016, 07:34 PM) *

Found it. If you want to buy it, PayPal $20 to mark@markepstein.net and I'll send it out tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark. PayPal sent.
mepstein
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Feb 21 2016, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 21 2016, 07:34 PM) *

Thanks, Mark. PayPal sent.

Got it. Thanks. I will priority ship the tool Monday in the am on my way to work.
jkb944t
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 21 2016, 05:34 PM) *

Mine tool worked on the turbo tie rods but I had to file the center and one of the side tabs a little bit to get it to seat down correctly. I believe I filed the side of the tabs not the tops.

Jeff B
colingreene
i also have one i would sell if anyone else needs one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.