Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: and the winner is!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Well,

Here's the car i bought. After going five hundred miles overnight, through rain and fog and rainbow covered coastline, i ended up in Cambria just north of Morro Bay. Up in a forest overlooking a stormy cove i found her still in the car of the (almost) original owner. He took the car on when it was six months old and kept it in top shape. Original color was a two stage metallic goldish, which was changed when it was bumped on the freeway 30 years back. He repainted it the 911 lime it is today. A touch of rust in the trunk, and the battery tray was fixed 10 years back, but overall its solid. Good pans and only a spot at the jack point, but i have yet to take off those lower covers. My only complaint was that after the six hour drive back to san diego my arms were really sore from the vibration coming through the smaller steering wheel he put on it. Will have to change that back i think. And put the blaupunkt i have in it.

So when's the WCC?

following are some pictures from my little trip.

peace,
brer
near the rock
brer
i think it is one of my dream cars
brer
and of course, no new car would be complete without a carful of teenagers parking too close and dinging it. Serves me right for going to starbucks. The thing that really pissed me off was i stood there and watched them do it. I let them know how i felt about it. smile.gif
brer
and a huge kiss to the lovely kelly, who agreed to drive my car all the way back for me.
redshift
it's nice... it's way nice..

smile.gif

Nice rainbow.... don't follow it. Rainbows are trails to canibalistic relatives.

unsure.gif

M
JeffBowlsby
Nice find Brer...welcome to the club...

Hope to see you at the WCC, review the links at the top of the page for details. Contact Howard and BEG to be included as he closed the registration a week ago but maybe, just maybe he has a merciful bone in his body...

(Hi Howard! wink.gif )
brer
oh, and by the way. If someone would like to swoop in on this little sweetie i may just give up the guys phone number in exchange for a pint of lager. if you live local you'll want to buy this one. I had a hard time saying no, but now am happy i did.

Porsche Rescue
Just me, but I love the look of steel wheels and hubcaps. Great looking car.
Jeroen
Excellent color!!!
Joe Bob
Very nice and an unusual color. How much did ya have to give up for it?
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Nice car! Sounds like an overall great trip too! Welcome! wavey.gif
rhodyguy
and you made it home without a fix, perfect. cool ski rack. those kids wouldn't have driven off without the name of the insurance co. see you in camarillo.

k
brer
Thanks for all the compliments. I wish i could take more credit, but thanks all the same. I got it for $3900. No haggling involved. I took one look and emptied my savings account, it was that simple a decision despite the possible side effects.

In regards to the orange car, as i've had a few emails about it.
I got an email from a local guy, so i'm going to let him have a crack at it.

rick 918-S
brer dude, that car rocks! aktion035.gif and so do you! rocking nana.gif

Good score! clap.gif

wub.gif the color! monkeydance.gif
LukeD
THATS THE CAR I WAS GOING TO LOOK AT BUT WAS ABOUT AN HOUR TOO LATE AAHHHHH!!. I don't even live there but just happened to be in town (MorroBay).

I knew after talking with the guy it was a un-believable deal. I just knew someone on here ended up with it. I am jealous and my wife knew I was bummed all the rest of the day. I just kept telling my self that it wasn't my color LOL

Glad it went to a good home. Next time I won't wait over night to see a car.

Can we get some interior pics please?

Luke D
Gint
Looks like a pretty sweet ride to me. Ya dun gud!

Go out and drive the wheels off of it!

user posted image
Mueller
congrats....nice looking car and I dig the color...perfect for a 914 !!!!!
william harris
Great Find!!! smilie_pokal.gif I love the color and you have the right attitude to join this band of maniacs!!! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.