Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N. Hollywood Speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
I recently sent my speedo out to NHS in California to have the center silver disk reattached. They did a first rate job with a quick turn around. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.nhspeedometer.com
PThompson509
QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 21 2016, 08:12 PM) *

I recently sent my speedo out to NHS in California to have the center silver disk reattached. They did a first rate job with a quick turn around. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.nhspeedometer.com

I also had them fix my speedo - great work, on time, good price.
jim_hoyland
Top quality work for me too; Helmut runs a terrific service. FYI, they will have a booth in the vendors tent at the upcoming Porsche Show in Anaheim, CA at The Phoenix Club
mountainroads
+1 from me, too. I had them recalibrate a speedometer due to different sized wheels. Excellent service and reasonable price, given the level of work. Palo Alto Speedometer also has a good rep, although I have no personal experience with them. For those in NW, I highly recommend Seattle Speedometer. Buz is a craftsman, and all-round great guy with a passion for his work. http://seattlespeedometer.com/

- MR
Marv's3.6six
+1 for me to. I have had them mod and repair a few gauges over the years. AND they actually have my 914 speedo and tach right now!

I have had intermittent operation of my speedo and odometer. Are looking into GPS sender.

My tach does not keep pace with my big six. The 993 revs so quick the needle lags behind the engine boy 1/2 second. Hoping they can fix.
Steve
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Feb 22 2016, 09:41 AM) *

+1 for me to. I have had them mod and repair a few gauges over the years. AND they actually have my 914 speedo and tach right now!

I have had intermittent operation of my speedo and odometer. Are looking into GPS sender.

My tach does not keep pace with my big six. The 993 revs so quick the needle lags behind the engine boy 1/2 second. Hoping they can fix.

Have you tried a 993 tach? I used to own a 993 and I had no problems with the stock tach.
914Sixer
Been using them since the late 80's.
jor
These guys do great work. They currently have my speedo. I am not surprised at all by the number of positive comments in this thread.
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 22 2016, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Feb 22 2016, 09:41 AM) *

Have you tried a 993 tach? I used to own a 993 and I had no problems with the stock tach.

Yes looked into that, they are expensive and my tach has a custom voltmeter installed in it.

NHS called me today I have come to find that the movement in my old tach is not compatible with a 993 engine. The movement needs to be replaced with a 964/993 movement and that will be spendy. Are looking at roughly $1k for the conversion, ouch.
pete000
I am going to have them build a GT 10K RPM tach soon and convert my late dials to silver dot.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 22 2016, 03:34 PM) *

Been using them since the late 80's.

Yep, I had mine done for this car back in 1979!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.