Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New car tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Picking up another lost 914 tomorrow. Found this one out in the desert with documentation all the way back to purchase. Will spill all the details with pictures tomorrow. Just another chapter in the Clayton/Kline 914 resurrection saga.
MattR
ohmy.gif

does it have a name?
skline
Not yet, maybe #4? laugh.gif It may just be a parts car. The guy has the title and everything for it but said it does have rust and that is all he knows about it. He doesnt know what engine is in it or anything else about it. He just knows it is too hard to work on it and doesnt want to mess with it.
CptTripps
I wish I could find deals like this...

...Damn Californians...

:: raising fist in air like an old man ::
1bad914
Oh, us midcoasters can find them...they usually sag in the middle like an old mare! I would just once like to find one that did not require a trip to the oncologist for major work! If I put pictures up of the last two I drug home, you left coasters would laugh and say they aren't even a car, not even worthy of a sawzall party sawzall-smiley.gif biggrin.gif Oh well, it just proves that we are more dedicated... laugh.gif Congrats Skiline...pictures!!! rocking nana.gif
skline
Ok, No new car today. Drove all the way out there with a trailer with Aaron and Alberto only to see the worst rusted car ever to set foot in California. This thing was sagging in the middle and you could tell it was not a california car. I did take some pictures but they are just too sad to post. The car did however, have a very nice clean set of Fuch alloys and a non original to the car 73 2 liter engine installed. Those were the only parts that would be savagable from this POS. To me, it was just not worth more than about 2 or 300 max. The trunk lid was rusted so bad and covered up by bondo but not enough to keep the latch from falling out when you opened the trunk.
Aaron Cox
i may pick it up tomorrow....

unless some idiot bids on it.....
skline
If they do, they didnt see it. Nobody in their right mind would buy that car for what he wants if they saw it in person. You just want it for the wheels and the engine. Because there just isnt any other parts on it.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 22 2005, 08:33 PM)
Ok, No new car today. Drove all the way out there with a trailer with Aaron and Alberto only to see the worst rusted car ever to set foot in California. This thing was sagging in the middle and you could tell it was not a california car. I did take some pictures but they are just too sad to post. The car did however, have a very nice clean set of Fuch alloys and a non original to the car 73 2 liter engine installed. Those were the only parts that would be savagable from this POS. To me, it was just not worth more than about 2 or 300 max. The trunk lid was rusted so bad and covered up by bondo but not enough to keep the latch from falling out when you opened the trunk.

Did you offer the guy $300 for it?

EDIT: The guy updated the ad. Doesn't seem like he changed the price tho. LOL.
1bad914
Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel much better. Now you know what we deal with all the time. It sux!!! The one you looked at would probably be a keeper! lol2.gif You'll find another!
CptTripps
QUOTE (1bad914 @ Mar 23 2005, 06:56 AM)
Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel much better. Now you know what we deal with all the time. It sux!!! The one you looked at would probably be a keeper!  :lol2: You'll find another!

I was waiting for you to say that. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The one that Cloudbuster did a PPI for me yesterday turned out to be a RB too.

So yesterday it was "Rust 2 - California 0"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.