Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re:Nine One Four
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
frankiec@outrageous.net
Beware that "Glenn" at Nine One Four is one slippery character. If you call or email about a car or part that's advertised and want pics of what your buying and tell them that you're ready to buy after you see the pics, there's good chance that the car/items will be sold out from under you. Glenn's (rude) attitude is "cash is king" and screw anybody else. So if he says he'll hold something for you and send you pics and you tell him you're ready to buy, it may well be sold before you get there. Glenn feels NO obligation to let you know what has happened. Save yourself some grief and a free trip to Compton.
BeatNavy
WTF.gif Didn't we have this discussion a couple of weeks ago???
ntlgnt1
I looked at a local car that Glenn 'fully' restored once...felt bad for the guy trying to sell it and recoup his lost $$$$.
Blue6
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 22 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Guess Frankie can't let it go. This discussion already ran it's course...
frankiec@outrageous.net
I'm glad you remember the discussion. That's the whole point.
MikeInMunich
Wrong place for this to begin with.
LowBridge
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Feb 23 2016, 03:15 AM) *

Wrong place for this to begin with.

agree.gif
HansJan
Wish I had seen this earlier.

I bought a car from Glenn two weeks ago. When it arrived, it was nothing like described.
Besides a whole bunch of smaller items (Speedometer/oil temp/backup lights/horn not working as well as missing license plate lights/engine lid drip-tray, and many more issues) the main problem was electrical short circuits.

Installed new battery and Alternator, to restore healthy supply of electricity.

This caused other short circuits to be re-energized and caused a major Engine compartment fire, on my first 5 minute drive.

See video cut-paste this in your browser: https://youtu.be/Oq8OyuQAg7k
Or search "Porsche 914 on fire" in YouTube.com

Buyer beware headbang.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
PancakePorsche
What a real bummer. Looks like a major short and battery fire. Could have been way worse if it got into the fuel lines. You got some work to do but the car is easily savable.
frankiec@outrageous.net
This is why I posted in the first place.

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Feb 22 2016, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 22 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Guess Frankie can't let it go. This discussion already ran it's course...

914outlaw
QUOTE(Hans Jan @ Apr 18 2016, 01:06 AM) *

Wish I had seen this earlier.

I bought a car from Glenn two weeks ago. When it arrived, it was nothing like described.
Besides a whole bunch of smaller items (Speedometer/oil temp/backup lights/horn not working as well as missing license plate lights/engine lid drip-tray, and many more issues) the main problem was electrical short circuits.

Installed new battery and Alternator, to restore healthy supply of electricity.

This caused other short circuits to be re-energized and caused a major Engine compartment fire, on my first 5 minute drive.

See video cut-paste this in your browser: https://youtu.be/Oq8OyuQAg7k
Or search "Porsche 914 on fire" in YouTube.com

Buyer beware headbang.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Holy Shit! That is Fuched up.
rhodyguy
'First drive'? WOW. You're showing admerable restraint.
mein_tag
Hope you had insurance. Easily totaled. Make sure you buy it back. drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.