Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 Instrument Cluster Light Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
1975 original CA - car so it had EGR

On instrument cluster middle gauge - on the sides are two lights (not in the gauge, but in the panel)

One says EGR

The other (in my car) the lens has fallen off and I have no clue what it is.

In any event there is a red/white and blue/yellow wire that goes to one of them (or the other) and with power on - it blinks constantly.

Q. What are those two lights? (one being the EGR warning - what's the other)
Q. What color wires go to each - is the EGR the white/red + blue/yellow or ???

Thanks,

Len
lsintampa
OK,

One was for the EGR light

The other for the CAT light

I have neither any longer - long since removed by PO(s).

So which is the red/white + blue/yellow ??? That one (either it is EGR and or CAT) blinks when power is applied.

Just curious why it blinks - and doesn't go solid? I'm going to pull the bulbs anyway, but just curious if the blinking for either was normal????

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Len
JeffBowlsby
Do you even have the CAT or EGR valve/tuning still in place?
lsintampa
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 22 2016, 03:53 PM) *

Do you even have the CAT or EGR valve/tuning still in place?

Nope....

All plugged and done. I don't understand why that one light blinks when power is on.

Not sure which lamp it belongs to (cat or egr) but it blinks under power.

The counter has long been removed - so speedo cable goes directly to the speedometer.

Strange.
JeffBowlsby
Do you have the CAT relay in the rear trunk? Unplug it.
lsintampa
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 22 2016, 04:05 PM) *

Do you have the CAT relay in the rear trunk? Unplug it.

And that my friends is why Jeff get's paid the big bucks! cheer.gif

In redoing the dash, I thought to replace all the bulbs - the old CAT bulb must have been bad.

Anyone need a know good CAT relay?

Thanks Jeff!

JeffBowlsby
I *think* what that signifies is that you still have an O2 sensor in the CAT, which has gone bad, hence the relay was alerting you to replace the sensor. You might find a plug for the O2 bung and just remove the relay, relay base and attached wiring. It all unplugs from the main chassis harness.
malcolm2
I was able to find a metal gauge bezel for my 75. The metal ones come with NO holes for the emissions warning lights and they are not plastic! barf.gif

Or you could tape up the back of the little holes and fill the front with epoxy or equiv. then paint.
914Sixer
California is the only state that had the two extra lights. All the rest of the 49 had plastic dash with no holes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.