Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS; '75 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Lennies914
Hello World!

I've decided to sell my car. I had a '74 that was involved in an accident so I found, and bought, a '75 bare tub, painted it, and transferred all parts over from the '74. Most all metal parts were either powdercoated, re-plated (zinc), or replaced as necessary during the build.
The motor is a 2.0 out of a '73 with unknown mileage. It is a strong, good running motor with the D-jet injection. Valves have been adjusted, and a pertronics ignition installed.
New battery 11-15
PMG reconditioned brake calipers
Rotors turned
New front wheel bearings and seals
New rubber brake lines
New front struts
17mm front sway bar
Less than 2000 miles on Tires
Four wheel alignment
CV's disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and repacked
Transaxle rebuilt at Dr. Evil clinic (all questionable parts replaced)
New shift bushings
Rebuilt pedal assembly
New windshield
All new bushings in front and rear control arms
New clutch cable
New throttle cable

Bad;

There was minor rust under the drivers seat from a hole that was drilled for the rear trunk release cable. The hole was welded shut and the cable relocated above the low point drain to prevent recurrence. The rust was minor enough that it was treated and sprayed over with a rubberized coating.

It currently has the incorrect fuel pump installed. It is a new pump that was replaced on the road. It works fine but it is not OEM and I feel that it is louder than the original.

The master cylinder is starting to leak. I have a 19mm replacement.

Rear window needs resealed. It has come loose at the bottom. I installed it with butyl tape and did not use any sealant like I was advised to. headbang.gif

$16,000

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Lennies914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Thanks for looking!!
Andyrew
Fantastic looking stock car! GLWS
Larmo63
Wow, that's a really nice car!!!!!
liebe
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Feb 22 2016, 09:35 PM) *

Hello World!

I've decided to sell my car. I had a '74 that was involved in an accident so I found, and bought, a '75 bare tub, painted it, and transferred all parts over from the '74. Most all metal parts were either powdercoated, re-plated (zinc), or replaced as necessary during the build.
The motor is a 2.0 out of a '73 with unknown mileage. It is a strong, good running motor with the D-jet injection. Valves have been adjusted, and a pertronics ignition installed.
New battery 11-15
PMG reconditioned brake calipers
Rotors turned
New front wheel bearings and seals
New rubber brake lines
New front struts
17mm front sway bar
Less than 2000 miles on Tires
Four wheel alignment
CV's disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and repacked
Transaxle rebuilt at Dr. Evil clinic (all questionable parts replaced)
New shift bushings
Rebuilt pedal assembly
New windshield
All new bushings in front and rear control arms
New clutch cable
New throttle cable

Bad;

There was minor rust under the drivers seat from a hole that was drilled for the rear trunk release cable. The hole was welded shut and the cable relocated above the low point drain to prevent recurrence. The rust was minor enough that it was treated and sprayed over with a rubberized coating.

It currently has the incorrect fuel pump installed. It is a new pump that was replaced on the road. It works fine but it is not OEM and I feel that it is louder than the original.

The master cylinder is starting to leak. I have a 19mm replacement.

Rear window needs resealed. It has come loose at the bottom. I installed it with butyl tape and did not use any sealant like I was advised to. headbang.gif

$16,000

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Nice car, question, was the replacement tub also black ?
Lennies914
Yes it was originally black. The front trunk interior is original paint.

Here is a link to a previous thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=179962&hl=
liebe
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Feb 24 2016, 10:54 PM) *

Yes it was originally black. The front trunk interior is original paint.

Here is a link to a previous thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=179962&hl=

ouch Lennie, on the yellow one, looked sweet.

Will send you a PM
tygaboy
I stopped by to see Lennie's other 914 and let me say, this one is BEAUTIFUL! smilie_pokal.gif Someone will be a lucky and happy owner...
forrestkhaag
Beautiful in black. Something to aspire to Larmo.........

poke.gif
bretth
Great looking car but I have to ask - What the heck happened to the engine lid letters?
hide.gif

Brett
whitetwinturbo
Nice in black/black piratenanner.gif
914z
QUOTE(bretth @ Mar 5 2016, 06:38 PM) *

Great looking car but I have to ask - What the heck happened to the engine lid letters?
hide.gif

Brett

I like them!
Lennies914
icon_bump.gif

Overpriced? confused24.gif

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Apr 4 2016, 02:34 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Overpriced? confused24.gif

I don't think it is really, but if so not by much . unless you have to sell, I would say hang in there , the right buyer will come along. you could do the E-bay thing. ive seen cars that need a lot more work go for more. Also our 75's and 76's are now going for more but still are brining a bit less than a 73 or 74. Documentation and pictures are the keys. maybe more pictures of the longs, hell hole and under the seat where you mentioned . Floor pans, take the outer rocker covers off then take pictures of those areas.

Good luck! I love Black 914's. if I was not going to finish fixing up my copper metallic 75, I would definitely be interested in you r car.

Phil
Mike Fitton
Get rid of the personal taste stuff:
Space the "PORSCHE" correctly.
Get rid of the rear center reflector.
Put the correct rear valance on you have a "very valuable" early porthole one.

Just my .02!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.