Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension disassembly help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
hi i need help removing the control arms from the crossmember thing for shipping and was curious if banging chair.gif on it was the only way? all help appreciated!
budk
spray some wd-40 or similar and start gently whacking it.... at least that's how I remember doing it.
914Sixer
Lots of PB Blaster. I then take the bar caps and adjusters out. Mount or chain the cross member to something solid. Take a come along and mount it to something solid too. Put hook through small arm brace and start pulling. It will pop right out. Takes longer to get ready than it will take to pop out.
tazz9924
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 22 2016, 04:19 PM) *

Lots of PB Blaster. I then take the bar caps and adjusters out. Mount or chain the cross member to something solid. Take a come along and mount it to something solid too. Put hook through small arm brace and start pulling. It will pop right out. Takes longer to get ready than it will take to pop out.

thanks for the reply ill give it a shot tonight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.